The V6 Diesel D40 has arrived.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Tony. I was also looking at the solid state hayman reese unit. Does not have to mounted level, also the HR QI, 100 bucks dearer but also adjusts with the severity of decelaration
plod

That "severity of deceleration" is what they mean by "proportional" brake controllers. The harder you press the brake, the stronger the brake controller brings on the trailer brakes. It used to be measured by a pendulum, and before that a resistive pad that sat on your brake pedal.

You can (and I do, for dry roads) adjust the trailer brakes so that you can barely tell that there's a trailer behind you.

For dirt, wet or otherwise not-so-grippy surfaces, I back the thing off a bit. I don't want the trailer breaking traction and swinging around to hit my Navara!

Hey mate,

What did they do to fix the air leak in the rear quarter do you know?

Mine is doing the same.

They did something to the seal.. It was good for a day but started happening again.... I will be taking the car back in for the rear quarter seal and some headlight covers.

Chris

Hello everyone. Took mine for about 200 km drive over the weekend. Lovely to drive. 8.4 litres per 100k by the trip computor. Having trouble getting the hard lid to lock electronicaly. It will lock manually. Tried having it locked and unlocked but no joy. You can hear the lock clicking but will not lock or unlock. Getting a hayman reese towbar fitted tomorrow. Anyone had any dealings with Red Arc electric brake controllers. They have a small unit available and as space is at a premium it maybe a better option. Plod

Lock the hard lid manually with the key and leave it locked, the central locking for the hard lid will not work if the hard lid has been unlocked with the key.

Chris

Out of interst, I unclipped the air box and drove it about 200m to see what sort of sound would come out of the turbo, and WOW did it sound sweet.

Does anyone think a sports air filter would go a long way to get some more noise out of the turbo.

LOL I liked Tony's suggestion of a 4' exhaust.

Chris

Hello everyone. Took mine for about 200 km drive over the weekend. Lovely to drive. 8.4 litres per 100k by the trip computor. Having trouble getting the hard lid to lock electronicaly. It will lock manually. Tried having it locked and unlocked but no joy. You can hear the lock clicking but will not lock or unlock. Getting a hayman reese towbar fitted tomorrow. Anyone had any dealings with Red Arc electric brake controllers. They have a small unit available and as space is at a premium it maybe a better option. Plod

Hi Plod,
Also having lockiing troubles on lid similar to you. Going in Friday for repairs, they think the cable inside the unit has come undone.
Have Telonsha P3 brake controller fitted. Space is limited but clears my leg OK. Will post pics if you want to see it. Also Polaris rear view camera fitted. Fitted Hayman Reese aWDH yesterday and now all set to go. All dealers said the shank would need grinding on the corners to fit nissan towbar but it went straight in.
All set to go, but no caravan yet.

Had the lid locked before and after unlocking vehicle, still no joy. Might have the same problem as yours Ekka. Will get Dealer to check out. Going to fit the hayman reese solid state controller as it can be fitted on its side, sits very snug just below the power outlet plug on console. Went in for its towbar today but the supplier had sent the wrong one. New one there tomorrow?????, what do they say, tomorrow never comes.

Thanks every one for your input.

Plod

Ekka and Plod can you post some pics of where you fitted your controllers please?

I had to adjust the chrome hooks in the tub to get my lid to lock. I was in the same position as you guys - lid wouldn't lock. Now it works just fine. If you leave the tail gate open and shut the lid you can look in underneath see what is happening when you use the key to lock the lid.

Doug

Ok Doug , hopefully will have the vehicle back tomorrow. Good idea about the tailgate down. Might adjust the lock catch hooks and see what happens.

Plod

Hello every one. Tried an expensive set of lambs wool seat covers on the front seat the other day. Totally changed the seat feel, felt like you were going to slide off seat and no lateral support. Took them back. Any one with ideas that wont change seat fit.

plod

Hello every one. Tried an expensive set of lambs wool seat covers on the front seat the other day. Totally changed the seat feel, felt like you were going to slide off seat and no lateral support. Took them back. Any one with ideas that wont change seat fit.

plod

Hi Plod,
Have fitted a set of "Wetseat" covers made from wetsuit material. found them very good no sliding around in seat at all. Also being waterproof is a bonus
Water proof seatcovers, The Wet Seat, car seat covers
$209 for front seats and headrests. all black with various colours fpr stitching.
Even SWMBO loves them.

Ekka and Plod can you post some pics of where you fitted your controllers please?

I had to adjust the chrome hooks in the tub to get my lid to lock. I was in the same position as you guys - lid wouldn't lock. Now it works just fine. If you leave the tail gate open and shut the lid you can look in underneath see what is happening when you use the key to lock the lid.

Doug

Will try and post a few pics of controller today. Have adjusted tailgate hooks previously as lid was very loose when we picked it up. This problem is with central locking not releasing. Key locking is OK. Hopefully fixed today.
Lucky to have son with auto electrical experience. Kept him happy with cans of bundy, not till he was finished though, and he fitted polaris reversing camera, brake contoller and anderson plug.
Now only CB to go but need a nudge bar to fit aerial on first. Looking at GME unit with controls on handpiece, anyone had experience with theses?

Have added photos of contoller, monitor and plugs. (i hope)

Attachments

• STX0001.JPG
    STX0001.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 102
  • STX0002.JPG
    STX0002.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 104
  • STX0003.JPG
    STX0003.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Hunter

Do you mind me asking where you ordered your car from? DC's?

Mitch

Hi Mitch
Yeh orderd from DC's, and what a suprise the wait's over got a ph call yesterday from them about 12.30 to say that they have my car ready to go ( I didn't even know it was in town) so about 4.30 I was driving her away. Mitch did you order the silver one because it arrived yesterday.
hunter

Last edited:
Hunter

Nah, im waiting on a D22. The only reason i asked if from them was cause how you said about the waiting etc. and my experience so far with them hasn't been the best.

Good to hear you got into it finally.

Mitch

Ekka

I picked my 550 up on 1st of April and within 24 hours the central locking in the tub stopped working. It rained on the way home from the dealer. When i opened the round cover for the central locking i found water had gotten it so i used a hair dryer to dry the parts and the locks started to work again. this is something Nissan is going to have to address as it sounds like there is a pattern forming here already.

Latest posts

Back