The V6 Diesel D40 has arrived.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ekka
I have the GME TX 3340. I have had it since 2007 in my Prado (now traded for the 550). The unit has done a trip to Cape York, Kakadu and one right around Australia without a problem. I will be putting it in the 550 this week.

I also have the same brake controller as you but when looking where to mount it I couldn't bring myself to place it where yours is. One because there is a plug there for the engine diagnostics and the second because I think it will be in the way of my leg (long legs). I was looking a selling mine on EBay and buying one of the Red-Arc ones with the remote head which I would install in the blank switch plates in front of the gear lever

Ekka

I picked my 550 up on 1st of April and within 24 hours the central locking in the tub stopped working. It rained on the way home from the dealer. When i opened the round cover for the central locking i found water had gotten it so i used a hair dryer to dry the parts and the locks started to work again. this is something Nissan is going to have to address as it sounds like there is a pattern forming here already.

How did you remove the cover for the central locking? Had thought about having a a look inside but was unsure about getting the cover off

Update, removed cover. pretty simple. found small ball on lever going to locking actuator broken off, very weak looking setup. Hope they have parts in stock for these lids. Going in on thursday for repairs. Was supposed to be done last friday but to many mechanics at workshop had day off and I was not waiting around as mine was moved from 9am to maybe 11am. They were too lazy to even look under cover.

Last edited:
Hunter

Nah, im waiting on a D22. The only reason i asked if from them was cause how you said about the waiting etc. and my experience so far with them hasn't been the best.

Good to hear you got into it finally.

Mitch

I don't blame the dealer for the waiting just nissan for not having all the fitouts, but I think the dealer could have made a few ph calls.
In the end it's all good, very happy so far done about 400km already (short drives) avg fuel around 9.5lt/100km, one down fall so far no bluetooth audio only phone calls so I can't use the bluetooth gps (navman)
hunter

Ekka
I have the GME TX 3340. I have had it since 2007 in my Prado (now traded for the 550). The unit has done a trip to Cape York, Kakadu and one right around Australia without a problem. I will be putting it in the 550 this week.

I also have the same brake controller as you but when looking where to mount it I couldn't bring myself to place it where yours is. One because there is a plug there for the engine diagnostics and the second because I think it will be in the way of my leg (long legs). I was looking a selling mine on EBay and buying one of the Red-Arc ones with the remote head which I would install in the blank switch plates in front of the gear lever

I said it somewhere - maybe this thread, maybe another one - I don't like the Redarc brake controller. It was supposed to be proportional but it never once felt that way. It could have been installed at a bad angle, but I doubt it - the guy that did that install for me is a decent bloke. I just think the device leaves a lot to be desired.

If I have to get another one, I won't get the Tekonsha Voyager - I will get the Tekonsha Prodigy P2.

Don't get me wrong - the Voyager I have is fine, I can adjust it very easily and apply the brakes gradually without touching my foot brake (couldn't do that with the Redarc either) - but next time, I want the absolute best. One thing I've learned while towing as much as I have (almost 30,000km in a year with a van behind us) - the brake controller is an extremely important piece of equipment.

It needs to be functional. It needs to be reliable. And it needs to be very handy, because in an emergency I don't want to be reaching up under the bloody dash to smack the button into cooperating.

Then again, I'm a fussy old bastard.

I don't blame the dealer for the waiting just nissan for not having all the fitouts, but I think the dealer could have made a few ph calls.
In the end it's all good, very happy so far done about 400km already (short drives) avg fuel around 9.5lt/100km, one down fall so far no bluetooth audio only phone calls so I can't use the bluetooth gps (navman)
hunter

Dont get me wrong, i realise the transport problems and am fine with that (well, annoyed, but not at nissan), it's more their bloody customer service (lack of) in there that has left alot to be desired for me.

What colour did you get matey?

Mitch

Dont get me wrong, i realise the transport problems and am fine with that (well, annoyed, but not at nissan), it's more their bloody customer service (lack of) in there that has left alot to be desired for me.

What colour did you get matey?

Mitch

I got the black one, clocked up 800km so far, fuel is avg 9.6lt per 100km so pretty happy with that, lowest so far is 9.5lt per 100km most of this is both city & h/way driving.
cheers.

Fuel Consumption

Clocked over 2300k so far. Best fuel was last friday 8.9 cruising in a 80 zone after recording 9 for about 100 klm's doing 110 to 120. 880 k's to a tank full. Pretty good.

Clocked over 2300k so far. Best fuel was last friday 8.9 cruising in a 80 zone after recording 9 for about 100 klm's doing 110 to 120. 880 k's to a tank full. Pretty good.

Mate that pretty good alright, what air pressure you running in your tyres? I
am running 38psi front & rear, I also fixed the central locking on the hard cover easy fix it wasn't connected. Has anyone tried or will the helper springs fit the 550 ?
cheers hunter

Re brake controllers. I have fiited the 5300 from Hayman Reese. It is a solid state unit and it can be mounted on its side or normal way that most controllers are. I have mounted it on its side just under the power outlet on the centre consul. It does not get in your way and your leg does not rub against it. Easy to reach. I would post a picture but dont know how to set it up on the computor to send it.
I have a remote head UHF radio and the head fits neatly behind the handbrake lever on the side of the consul. I will mount the base unit under the seat.

plod

I am personally not keen on those types of brake controller. As they are not proportional if you gently brush the brake pedal just enough to bring on the stop lights as you coast down to a lower speed, or if you jump on the brakes in a full on panic stop, they behave in exactly the same way and give you the same braking power.

I have used Tekonsha Voyagers, the next unit will be a Prodigy P2 or P3 (Not overly sold on the P3, more flashy presentation of a controller that works in exactly the same way and that is it, for more money) Apart from anything else, I think my mother and my wife would have an easier time of setup of the Prodigy compared to the Voyager. Tweak the power level until they lock on full manual power, dial it back until they do not quite, play with the boost setting until you find the one that suits your preference, drive on with trailer brakes working correctly.

Hi ekka
When you done your 1000k sevice did they reset your schedule sevicing on the trip computer from 20000km to suit 10000km servicing? I have asked Nissan what they are suppose to be, according to their media page they are every 20000km, they are looking into it.
hunter

Hi ekka
When you done your 1000k sevice did they reset your schedule sevicing on the trip computer from 20000km to suit 10000km servicing? I have asked Nissan what they are suppose to be, according to their media page they are every 20000km, they are looking into it.
hunter

They have not reset the service schedule as they have no info on how to do it. It is different resetting it than previous model. They also said they would be resetting it to 10,000 but I thought it was 20,000. 10,000 k should be due just before our first big trip with van so may get it done then. 4 weeks travelling in queensland. Heading to angus waters & 1770 then cruising back to Maitland.
Anyone have any idea of cost for 10,000k service?

as much as i love my navaras there is no way that i would pay $60'000+ for a navara. if i was spending that much on a vehicle i would go a land cruiser v8 diesel.

They have not reset the service schedule as they have no info on how to do it. It is different resetting it than previous model. They also said they would be resetting it to 10,000 but I thought it was 20,000. 10,000 k should be due just before our first big trip with van so may get it done then. 4 weeks travelling in queensland. Heading to angus waters & 1770 then cruising back to Maitland.

Here's Nissan's capped price servicing costs through to the 120000km

http://www.nissan.com.au/webpages/owning/xml/myNissan CPS Navara D40 Pricing Sheet.pdf.

And here is where it says about the 20000km sevicing

http://www.nissan.com.au/webpages/about/xml/PATHFINDER_NAVARA.pdf

cheers

as much as i love my navaras there is no way that i would pay $60'000+ for a navara. if i was spending that much on a vehicle i would go a land cruiser v8 diesel.

70k + for an uncomfortable car with not even a clock or ac standard?
keep a bottle of oil in the back too, you'll need it regularly:)
while i love the torque and driving characteristics of the cruisers i'd never own one, they're only good for basic work vehicles and that's if i'm not paying for the repairs/maintenance, they seriously need a six speed too :)
i reckon the nav makes for a good work/play (d22) or family/play (d40) vehicle

1000km service today a couple of warranty issues fixed, droped car off at 8.30am gets ph call 1.30pm car ready, pick car up at 4.20pm and bugger me dead the hard cover was worst than before they adjusted it, showed mechanic back into w/shop and fixed. Got home locked car check hard cover (not locked) inspected and little alloy ball broken on central locking,
1) rear quarter glass -fixed
2) plastic clip missing -fixed
3) adjust hard cover -fixed - now central locking broken.

Roll on weekend:rant::truck:

hunter

Hi when i got my 1000k service they told me 10000k service was a set price of $290 .I'm towing my two tonne van at the moment and getting 13.2 lit per hundred ks That's great for me .that's 176ks more per tank than the 2.5 d40 auto,also I can drive with the cruse control on no kicking back on the small
Hills , truly a fantastic ute for towing with TREEMAN

ps funny how they can get away with 20000k services overseas and we have to pay for 10000k services do you think we are getting riped off

Latest posts

Back