The V6 Diesel D40 has arrived.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hunter
That's good fuel economy. If you take the distance recorded by your GPS (725) with the fuel used (62.46 Ltr) you got 8.61 LPHK. I noticed the same with mine, what the computer is saying is higher than the actual and the difference is about 1 LPHK.
It will be interesting to see what economy Ekka reports after towing the van over Easter.

Doug

Doug
After filling up again I was headind to Innisfail I notice that the computer was still reading 9.8 so I reset it while I was driving and it did register 7.9 for a little while then went to 9.5 - 9.3 lt/100.
hunter

Left it in auto and only selected manual when we hit the hills and it changed back to 5th. selected 4th once to pass a truck and all was easy. Manual mode is so easy. kept revs around the 2000 to 2500 mark and it lost no speed at all. A few heavily loaded and impatient 4x4's pulled out to pass but were left behind.

Got the dual batteries & a new brake controller fitted today, was going to fit the P3 but ended fitting a redarc remote unit fits very neat in one of the blank switches havn't tried it yet, will post some pics soon,
hunter

Hello all. I want to put a canopy on my stx 550. After contacting Nissan Dealership they had no info regarding a canopy for 550. They sent an e mail to Nissan and the reply was they did not recomend fitting a canopy because when you removed the hard lid you had to remove support rail(???) which was pop rivetted to vehicle and as such they believe it would weaken the structural integrity of the vehicle.
Has anyone heard anything about this or has anyone fitted a canopy to a 550.

plod

When I was at the NY international motor show last week I noticed that their Nissan Pathfinders over there come with a 5.6 litre petrol V8 (same as new Patrol will get). No doubt this would slot into a Navara quite easily....

Can't see the theory holding up about the bar but if there is any differences in the tub sizes (I haven't checked) there possibly isn't many canopies out yet.

Hello all. I want to put a canopy on my stx 550. After contacting Nissan Dealership they had no info regarding a canopy for 550. They sent an e mail to Nissan and the reply was they did not recomend fitting a canopy because when you removed the hard lid you had to remove support rail(???) which was pop rivetted to vehicle and as such they believe it would weaken the structural integrity of the vehicle.
Has anyone heard anything about this or has anyone fitted a canopy to a 550.

plod

Lol. Isn't that the chassis's job.

Nissan Australia and there piss poor excuses. Lol.

... They sent an e mail to Nissan and the reply was they did not recomend fitting a canopy because when you removed the hard lid you had to remove support rail(???) which was pop rivetted to vehicle and as such they believe it would weaken the structural integrity of the vehicle.

Oh come on, the tub is bolted onto the top of the chassis in the first place, how else do you exchange it for a tray body?

Is this the same dealer that said adding a UHF antenna to an alloy bar causes the chassis to crack?

It was the dealer I bought the vehicle from. They have no other explanation other than what Nissan replied to the parts man. He believes the tub size is the same as an stx and the canopy would fit but nissan dont recomend to fit it. The price is also a challenge as dealers have quoted $4252 to fit and my dealer mentioned an amount even higher. Not interested in trading hard lid in, one even said they would chop it up and throw it in the bin.
plod

Rang 3 today and they were all the same. One in Melbourne told me Nissan didn't recomend fitting canopy and my dealer got the info from Nissan. Carryboy and Alphaline (Pegasus) are about $3500, but the Nissan carry bars matched the cabin bars.
Thanks for the input Tony
plod

hi all, been busy so have been away from the forum for a bit, was wondering if anyone has had troubles with the cruise control in there 550's as mine stopped working today the pain of a thing, havn't had a problem with anything else and hope it stays that way.

cheers,
worm.

Hello worm. My cc has been fine. The only problem is the central lock for the lid dose not work. Waiting on a part???. Went in for 1000 service last week and wanted oil and filter changed. Have to wait till they get an oil filter.

plod

plod

Sell your hard lid on ebay

Get an ARB smooth canopy, or similar.

Don't worry about those idiots at Nissan. They are the same clowns that said 2009 D22's noisey diffs are "normal operation" only for them to all seize up. I'm sure people on here have plenty more stories about something ridiculous a Nissan rep told them...

Just got back from Brisbane have clocked up 6500km so far, no problems apart from the lock on hard lid like plod still waiting for part, getting good fuel ecom 28 - 32 mpg, havn't hooked the van on yet. If anyone is still chasing one there is a black one at the Metro Nissan place near the Brisbane royal hospital.
hunter

Last edited:
Just got back from Brisbane have clocked up 6500km so far, no problems apart from the lock on hard lid like plod still waiting for part, getting good fuel ecom 28 - 32 mpg, havn't hooked the van on yet. If anyone is still chasing one there is a black one at the Metro Nissan place near the Brisbane royal hospital.
hunter

I've just sent them an email as I have a black one on order with delivery not expected until september.
Fingers crossed I can get it & not lose my deposit, i'll drive to Brissy tomorrow!

Thanks for the heads up, what a great source of information this forum is.

Rich

I've just sent them an email as I have a black one on order with delivery not expected until september.
Fingers crossed I can get it & not lose my deposit, i'll drive to Brissy tomorrow!

Thanks for the heads up, what a great source of information this forum is.

Rich

Must be their demo model, 2000km on it Drive Away $65,888.00

Nissan Car Specials - Brisbane, QLD - Norris Motor Group

2011 Nissan Navara D40 MY11 Utility Video - Presented By MOVIE STARS

I also seen a white one at nssan's Innisfail at easter time. So much for the union shopper when I made enquiry with them they told there was none left in the country.
cheer hunter
Let us know how you get on

Spoke with them today, going to be a pain in the arse with rego in QLD then me transferring it to NSW, they don't want to sell it yet as its the demo, blah blah blah.

Found one at a Sydney dealer but they won't tell me how much until I go in tomorrow as it has stupid big wheels on it and a couple other extras.

Either way i'm going to lose my deposit I put down originally even though I only put it on based upon them telling me there weren't any in the country til september

Is there any sort of run in procedure for these? Last new car i bought didn't specify anything, but mine is scheduled to arrive right before a 2,500km round towing trip.

Latest posts

Back