The V6 Diesel D40 has arrived.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it's like the rest of the D40 range they don't "require" fitting until the 20K service for some stupid reason. If they are still the same as in previous models you can get them from Fleabay a lot cheaper than Nissan but it's purely personal preference as to whether you really need them, I don't think they make much difference but others do.

Hey mate,

Does the 550 not come standard with cabin filters?

No they don't, they told me that they ask the customer at the 20000km service if they want them fitted. These might fit for under half price

Air Filters, Oil Filters, Fuel Filters & Filter Cleaning Services - Western Filters offers a range of Filter products for comprehensive coverage for on-highway, off-highway, construction, agricultural, industrial, genset, lift trucks and marine equip

I brought nissan ones

hunter

The cabin filter is also called a "pollen filter". Behind the glove box in a 2009 D40 you'll find a rectangular cover with a small hex-head screw holding it in place.

There's a whole thread on these things with pics from the manual and a step-by-step on replacing the filters.

I really can't see your 550 being THAT different to these.

Tony
Looks like you pulled the glove box out? with the 550 all i did was open the bottom glove box squeeze the side so that it would release and drop down which then give access to the filter box there was no screws to undo or any panels to take out, the filters are in the same place as yours
hunter

Yes, I had to undo 4 screws and remember which way they went back into the holes. I bet feedback from the Nissan dealers got them to change that! Pollen filters ought to take just a minute to change, but instead it wasted time.

King Cab now stripped & looking very sorry for its self, back stock as a rock for trade in.

Finance all done, dealer paid, pick up the 550 tomorrow at some time, can't wait!

Last edited:
Know the feeling should have mine Saturday all going well..
Then its of for an ECB bar and some spotties.
Looks like rims and tyres will have to wait until the stock ones need replacing which if they are like most new car tyres these day no more than 12 months or 40000kms should see them stuffed....

I rang ECB about their bullbar and they said they had developed one for the 550. I assume they would have taken into consideration the intercooler. I have one on order and should be here in about a week.
plod

its on their website for the 550. from what I have been told by the shops over here they don't think anyone else will make a bullbar for the 550.

G'day Hunter,

You're right about the ARB bar - they had my car for a week and a half to do all the necessary measurements. BUT - Because of the limited number of 550's on the road, the demand for bullbars is not enough for them to justify the re-engineering, yet!!!
So come on everyone, buy a 550 and order an ARB bar.....please.

With reference to the suspension, it probably only lifted it about 40mm. The ride is really nice, not too firm but not soft either. There are probably better options out there!

Last edited:
I think your pleas need to be aimed at Nissan and their failure to import enough vehicles.

Adding $20,000 for two extra cylinders probably doesn't help a lot either.

Okay, okay, so there's more to it than that, but the point is that the 550 - for some people - is quite out of reach. If the price wasn't so far out of reach for some, how on earth do you think Great Wall would make ANY sales at all?

Nissan have also made a stuff up production somewhere though. The poms have been laughing at how much our V6 oil burner is compared to theirs but they have had the option on it for nearly 12 months longer than us and Nissan still can't meet demand. The poms were complaining long before the V6 was confirmed to be released in Aust that production and delivery were slow and then Nissan go and confirm world wide release dates they couldn't hope to acheive. Creating hype is one thing but creating hype you can't back up is stupid.

I also think the price is stupid for what it is but there is always someone ready to fork over cash for something extra so it's not like Nissan were worried about selling them at the price, but they should have been worried about getting them.

My gripe with them (I am unlikely to be able to justify the cost of one anyway) is that I reckon for them money they should be loaded up like the TI Pathfinder. A tradie or someone likely to go really dragging it arou8nd bush tracks are not really the target market, the target market on the whole would be wondering why it does not get sat nav, HID lights (Which would fix the very ordinary low beam of the normal spec at least) and a leather interior with the pushbutton keyless entry.

I have the pushbutton entry on a $40,000 Xtrail and the ST-L Pathfinder has it too and a leather interior. The pushbutton entry and keyless start sound like a wank, but I can tell you that after six months with it in the Xtrail, I don't really want to loose it again as it is very handy and convenient.

I thought someone said the new models come with HID head lights and satnav but i could be wrong, it might have been the UK models.

I agree that the target market is wrong though, even though some tradies don't care about the money they spend on their work utes most of them also don't care what badge or engine is in them either, some will but with more of them already driving HiLux's you'd reckon Nissan would have thought of this and made the V6 oiler cheaper than it is.

We've got keyless start in the farm Playdo and it is a wank but it's also a pain in the arse when someone walks away with the remote in their pocket and isn't near the car when it needs to be moved. Not sure I need push button entry but for $60K+ I do think these are the sort of things that the V6 should have.

As HSV have advertised "i just want one"!

I'm a tradie, although as i'm largely off the tools now I can justify it to myself (and more importantly, the missus) as a family/work car.
Only reason i'm swapping from the king cab is that i need to fit a baby seat in it, i thoroughly intend on keeping this one for a long time, hence wanted the best i could get.
If i was lugging tools around from site to site i wouldn't get the 550.
I totally agree about the trim options, for the price they need leather sat nav etc etc, but when you look at the regular STX they aren't that badly priced considering the extras you get on top of the motor, if those extras happen to interest you that is.

I drive a lot, and i take grest pleasure in droving and my car & making changes to it that suit me, i just wanted one at the end of the day!

Hi Fella's

I was at my local nissan dealer on the weekend to have a look at a new car for the wife(x-trail).I hinted at the new navara,was told by them that the upgarded navara should be available about August??? with all the goodie that you get on the one's in the UK for an extra wait for it $4000:rant:.It will come with sat nav leather and heated seats, reversing camera/sensor's

Shane

Yeah and there are those tradies that need the duel cab for Baby seat and the extra grunt and towing capacity... But don't need leather seats and all that jazz.. But in saying that the reverse camera and sat nav would have been nice....

Latest posts

Back