The V6 Diesel D40 has arrived.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
upgarded navara should be available about August???

In the current climate I'd be asking which August not which month. They usually do release a bling model (Titanium or other fancy name) with the leather seats etc 6 months or so after the first one comes out but the problem this year is still going to be how well they recover in Japan and from most reports right now that isn't great.

Picked it up this arvo, very nice it is too, already wondering how wise I was getting Black though!

Already done first mod...................... Baby seat!

Looking at ordering a 550 shortly and wondering anybody has feedback on having some of the 550s option left off?

I am getting one so I can tow a fifth wheel caravan so I can't have the tonneau, sports bar and maybe even the tub liner. As these appear to be fitted once they land in Oz you would think it should't be difficult to not get them and preferably get some credit back (I know I am probably dreaming with the last point).

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

I remember a mate in Perth telling me about 4 years ago Nissan used to charge Perthies $80 to remove the sports bar pre-delivery, but I reckon that's a crock, if you can't bargain that sort of crap out of the dealer then you're not trying.

I was going to try that but ended up getting a demo.
You will probably do better by taking the bits off & chucking them on ebay as new.

When buying mine I asked the dealer after it landed and before the fitout could I have a canopy and not the lid. He checked with them and was told that was not possible and it would come with every thing as advertised.
plod

Same deal with me. I didn't want the tub liner because I preferred the spray liner. Even though the lid and liner were fitted at the wharf in Brisbane after the Nav arrived and knowing that I didn't want the liner Nissan still fitted it. When the dealer received the car they had to remove it along with the lid so the tub could be sprayed. Sounds like something the government would do, not private enterprise.

Doug

I rang ECB about their bullbar and they said they had developed one for the 550. I assume they would have taken into consideration the intercooler. I have one on order and should be here in about a week.
plod

Got a price from opposite lock for ECB (polished) bar fitted $2350.

Finally got the right part for the hard lid central lock, was no part No for it, they had a bit of a guess and said their isn't enough out there yet but when there is wouldn't be surprised if it gets a recall if it continues to break.
hunter

Last edited:
Got a price from opposite lock for ECB (polished) bar fitted $2350.

Finally got the right part for the hard lid central lock, was no part No for it, they had a bit of a guess and said their isn't enough out there yet but when there is wouldn't be surprised if it gets a recall if it continues to break.
hunter

Hi Hunter,
Glad you got the lock fixed, my dealer says mine is still on backorder. What is the name of the dealer who fixed yours, may have to get mine to get details if not fixed soon.

Have noticed a very loud fan type noise in mine when I take off. Happens only occassionaly but is very loud, something like a thermo fan but much more of a roaring noise. Does not seem to affect anything but wondering if anyone else has it. SWMBO gets a bit embarrased by it. Otherwise performong like a dream

Hi Hunter,
Glad you got the lock fixed, my dealer says mine is still on backorder. What is the name of the dealer who fixed yours, may have to get mine to get details if not fixed soon.

Have noticed a very loud fan type noise in mine when I take off. Happens only occassionaly but is very loud, something like a thermo fan but much more of a roaring noise. Does not seem to affect anything but wondering if anyone else has it. SWMBO gets a bit embarrased by it. Otherwise performong like a dream

ekka my dealer is DC motors 07 49991200 in Rockhampton QLD, mate it took 3 go's & a photo to get the right part now they have it but said there wasn't a part No for it but i am sure if you ring the ph No above ask for parts if they are no help ask for workshop they will know.
As for the roaring I would say it is your fan my brother in law says the same about his new 550
Cheers

Last edited:
Anyone got some pics of their 550 with the ECB bar fitted yet...
Seen a couple on the ecb site but keen to see what i looks like on others ccars...
Also what did you pay and what state. I have been told 2595 and 2650 from Two diiferent places here in Perth...

Also any of those that have fitted spotties with this bar please advise what brand size ect..

Hi Hunter,

Hi EKKA, I had the same noise a very load roaring noise when I was towing my van. I was down in about third gear pulling hard I thought the motor was about to blow, would be very interested if any one has spoken to Nissan about it just didnt sound right Treeman

Hi Hunter,

Hi Ekka I also have noticed this with mine, it's a pain but i don't think a problem as i've got other machines here that do the same thing. Only last a few seconds but it roars when it does. Had trouble with my cruise control and i'm a little bit red faced on this one was only a blown fuse. Good one eh!. it'seems that when i put my trailer on and plug it in blows fuses so will need to check the wiring on that.

Apart from that done nearly 4000 kms and it's going like a dream.

Cheers,

Worm.

Ekka mine has done the same twice with the roaring noise. Usually at low speed or take off.
Lid lock still on order. Had the oil and filter changed Friday. I will have to get a second job to pay for the oil. $148 plus gst oil alone, filter only about $20.
My ECB is supplied and fitted for $2300. Should be here next week. OME suspension lifted vehicle about 40mm, ride firmer than origional.
I was going to adjust the headlight aim yesterday as I feel they are to wide apart but cannot find any adjustment mechanism, any one got any info on same?
plod

Latest posts

Back