This cant be right.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aus_Karlos

Reaction score
Does anyone trust the readings they get from an ODBII. Im using the Torque app for Android. I had set up my profile and began testing, found a nice quite road in an undeveloped area to see what HP reading i would get.

After 6 test runs my Average Peak HP was
180.30HP (133KW) @ 1538rpm @ 19PSI

Highest Top Peak
200.80HP (143KW) @ 1783rpm @ 20PSI

The 4x4 is a 2.5lt STR Common Rail comes out stock @ 89KW. To me this seems like a big leap in performance even with all the mods ive got on. But i think the app might be reading the sensor data incorrect or something.

Does anyone in Perth know a good Dyno center. I just like to see if the readings are correct.

I have the same app
You can manipulate the torque and hp readings by how you set it up
Same with economy reading, it gets its info directly from what you tell it in setup
As they are not coming directly from the ems sensors its not reliable
Anything you read from ems sensors is very accurate
As you scroll through the settings anything that is highlighted in green is a direct reading from ems sensors and is very accurate

Last edited:
HP readings it gets from the accelerometer on the phone or tablet you are using, g-tech units have used this method for years, except they mount to the windscreen so get a better reading.

If you have your phone in a fixed cradle that has no movement it should give a fair idea assuming the data entered is accurate...

There is no way it will have 133kw, you're probably lucky to be getting that at the flywheel depending on mods. Stock they are 98kw...

As above. Your specification of vehicle weight influences this too and I think somewhere is a multiplier that allows you to modify it (similar to the boost modifier, volumetric efficiency modifier etc).

That's one I wouldn't rely on. Not all the 'G' sensors in our phones are accurate, which further stretches the truth. I think that part of Torque is more gimmick than anything else.

Back