This is fkn BRILLIANT!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i was told that winches are designed to pull vehicles out of whatever, but you have to also be driving the car to help take strain off the winch. i havent seen anyone chuck the car into neutral and let the winch do the work? and i read on one of the winch websites that you're only supposed to use it for up to a few minutes (say 4 minutes) then have to let it cool down for 20min?

if you break the rear end then you can just chuck it on the front end. if you've broken both ends you're pretty much just totally stuffed if you're doing a trek alone.

If you like your cvs i wouldnt put this anywhere near the front of your nav.

Winches might say "drive while winching and only winch for x amount of time" but ive winched for half an hour - 45mins straight only stopping to re run the cable all the time the car only on idle(turbo had just shit itself going up a big long rutted muddy hill in the rain). When i start winching i dont stop till its done. Talking more then 30 times in the 2 years ive had the winch. Recently stripped it and its all A1 inside. Only thing thats happend is one of the solenoids went.

If you like your cvs i wouldnt put this anywhere near the front of your nav.

Winches might say "drive while winching and only winch for x amount of time" but ive winched for half an hour - 45mins straight only stopping to re run the cable all the time the car only on idle(turbo had just shit itself going up a big long rutted muddy hill in the rain). When i start winching i dont stop till its done. Talking more then 30 times in the 2 years ive had the winch. Recently stripped it and its all A1 inside. Only thing thats happend is one of the solenoids went.

thats interesting. i never thought it would of lasted that long without over heating or overloading something.

learn something new every day, lol

Who needs to winch anyways, just fit 35's and if that dont help fit something bigger and if that dont help oh bugger it just get a winch. lol.

I think the wheel winch is something i would laugh so hard at if i seen one of my mates using it.

35's and twin locks dont always help when your in clay and its pissing down. having a winch is great, even if you never use it, purely for the fact that when you need it its there

35's and twin locks dont always help when your in clay and its pissing down. having a winch is great, even if you never use it, purely for the fact that when you need it its there

haha, reminds me of these guys i know

they chucked a 454 (somehow modded up to 474?) with like 38's or maybe 40's on it with around a half a foot of lift and lockers galore.

got it bogged in a mud pit and had it stuck for around 6 hours, lol

haha, reminds me of these guys i know

they chucked a 454 (somehow modded up to 474?) with like 38's or maybe 40's on it with around a half a foot of lift and lockers galore.

got it bogged in a mud pit and had it stuck for around 6 hours, lol

474, epic. What was it, patrol, cruiser, hilux?

my bad, forgot to mention it was a maverick, LOL

i went for a ride as a passenger. fish tailing at 120 and up to 170 in a blink of an eye...

NEVER AGAIN, lol

oh, and that was just in 2wd...says how he has some people that wont let him drive it unless its in 4wd, lol

it would have its purpose but it would be too limited in use for what i need. i remember years ago when i was still a tacker at school one of these was used as a prototype on a fishing trip . testing and things like bogging a vehicle on a beach and winching off another vehicle. it required 3 nuts to be removed and replaced once the winch was on. it was awesome how it worked.

I'm not going to try it. I keep imagining being stuck and throwing it on only to have the wheel studs sheer off turning what was a minor predicament into a major disaster.

If I *do* fit anything, it'll be a winch in the bullbar, but I'm unlikely to ever need it so I'm in no hurry whatsoever.

Latest posts

Back