Throttle Issue with 2013 D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got it booked in to a dealership tomorrow for a looks, they seem to think from the description I've given them it's hopefully something simple.

Car's still covered under warranty so that's a plus

This is a bit of a pickle for you, the ECU reset method I use works just as well as the other time consuming one. As Bods said please let us know the outcome mate.

Ok... so my pickle I'm currently in has an outcome..

I dropped the car into Nissan this morning and their tech guy has phoned as they've taken it for two road tests and had two mechanics looking over it.

Conclusion.... turbo is rooted, all the inlet seals are gone and the fins are damaged. There's also a heap of shit in the fuel tank, lines and filters (even though I just had them replaced in its last service) so the tank will be drained, the lines cleaned and new filters put on.

The good thing out of this.. Nissan are covering it all under warranty.

Yeah absolutely happy_john.... I told the mechanics last week when it was in for a service that the issue may have been turbo related... "oh no no it wouldn't be the turbo" they said "it's still a new car" they said...

Even Nissan said this morning they didn't think it would be turbo related, they were thinking a simple split hose, they were probably hoping it was only a split hose too. Much more simple to fix.

Turbo's can fail due to Lack of Lubrication, lack of servicing, foreign objects or over speeding.

Lack of servicing can be ruled out, over speeding, well how does a turbo compressor speed?

I would put it down to possible foreign object as they did say there is shit in the fuel tank, lines and filters.

So the car is back in at Nissan today having its work done.

I'm now looking into installing a boost gauge, can some one please show me a pic of where to tee into please? YD25 engine.

I tee'd mine into the hose that goes from the compressor housing to the wastegate actuator. I don't seem to have a pic of it anymore, but there's nowhere else to put it, without drilling and tapping either the intercooler or the inlet manifold.

So the car is back in at Nissan today having its work done.

I'm now looking into installing a boost gauge, can some one please show me a pic of where to tee into please? YD25 engine.

Before you leave the stealership, check everything they've done, there will be a ****up somewhere no doubt.

Thanks bods....

I know the hose you're referring to. To get to it comfortably what did you remove? I'm assuming intercooler and the inlet pipe to that?

Thanks Rumpig

Will do bud I'll also get the service manager to show me everything they've done so if anything further goes wrong I can put it back on them.

Nah, didn't remove anything to get to it. Just removed the hose and put the t piece in it, then put it back on. It's a bit fiddly getting in there, but there's nothing easily removable to get to it. From memory you are fighting the coolant lines to the turbo, which are solid, so can't be moved easily... it only has one of those spring clamps at each end, so not hard to remove.

Latest posts

Back