Thumping noise coming from LH side foot well

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear what your saying Escapee

My weird noise though seems to come from the back booster seat. It starts and stops of its own accord, and for no apparant reason. It sometimes occurs when the car is stationry and ignition off.

It mostly tends to happen on weekends, or when on extended driving trips.

I wish i knew how the alcohol works for you?

My weird noise though seems to come from the back booster seat. It starts and stops of its own accord, and for no apparant reason. It sometimes occurs when the car is stationry and ignition off.

It mostly tends to happen on weekends, or when on extended driving trips.

I had that problem too. Fixed it with some cheap portable DVD players ($60 each from BigW or something) and with 3 power outlets keeps them going all weekend. Kids entertained, missus half cut, I can happily drive anywhere
:devil:

I had that problem too. Fixed it with some cheap portable DVD players ($60 each from BigW or something) and with 3 power outlets keeps them going all weekend. Kids entertained, missus half cut, I can happily drive anywhere
:devil:

I just bought the Kid a DSi XL, and also installed a couple of power outlets in the rear.

Just give the wife a pillow, she nods off very easily. Then i have the stereo all to myself.

i cant open the picture of the solenoid but when you open bonnet its towards the front. mine D40 ST 2011. mine they put a rubber around the solenoid but has not helped noise still there. they have changed 2 solenoids so far problem not fixed. im in perth wa would like to hear from others with same problem if we all taking about the same issue this is not good nissan dealer told me they still trying to work out a solution well its 1 year i have my navara how much longer is it going to take them

i have same problem with my ST D40 1 year old still not fixed. it sounds like you have the same problem. nissa have a rubber but it will not help it did nothing to mine. i think everybody with this problem should get together as nissan dealer told me they dont have a solution yet

It's a solenoid mate had mine fixed the other day it's a common thing, will have a look on my receipt and let you know which one it is mate.

markos said:
i have same problem with my ST D40 1 year old still not fixed. it sounds like you have the same problem. nissa have a rubber but it will not help it did nothing to mine. i think everybody with this problem should get together as nissan dealer told me they dont have a solution yet

Need to replace the vnt solenoid itself

Common D40 problem

I will be surprised if Nissan fix your problem....I have had the same noise from my STD40 09/10 ( Thailand built) from the first day I drove it .It also happens at higher , constant speed...... 90,000kM later I still have the same problem. Nissan have changed the turbo boost valve, mounting bracket etc,etc,,,they have had my vehicle numerous times with sound equipment etc trying to find the fault. We are not alone... . This is an inherent problem with this Thailand built model and Nissan are not willing or able to fix it. It is a FACT that they have had many of these ST's with this same problem. They are just waiting for warranties to run out. The noise is a resonance that is caused by the dual-stage turbo. For some reason the exhaust resonates/pulses and this noise is heard down near the gearbox. I HAVE HAD A GUT-FULL OF IT !!!!!.....I feel consumer affairs is the only solution

Latest posts

Back