thumping under brakes

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i changed the oil in my rear diff and the thumping went away for a bit, (i noted that the diff was pressurized) later it came back also with a vengeance, so i have taken the diff vent out (again pressurized) - there is a spring in it that forces the diff to maintain slight pressurization, but my vent was actually stuck closed, i have unstuck it, and refitted it and the thumping is gone, (i am modding the vent to put a hose up to near where the front diff vent is)

take your vent out and see if there is a hiss of escaping air, its on the right side of the axle halfway between the rh wheel and center housing looks kinda like a mushroom, when you get it out blow through it and see if its restricted

thanks for the tip, i'll try and checkit tomorrow. must say, that when my car went in for a seal replacement, the thumping was gone, but came back gradually. hopefully your on to something
cheers
eric

Any further updates on this problem, does the breather fix it, mines driving me crazy. Cheers Mark

changed the suspension yesterday, and bugger me, it doesn't appear to do it anymore.must be the stiffer springs are masking it, the original springs and shocks were stuffed but had no play. got me stuffed!

mines back, and i have since found that the shocks on my back end are rooted, and need to be replaces, which at this point in time i am going to have to live with for a while, heavy duty springs are masking any problems i have suspension wise

damn this not enough money to do everything

Latest posts

Back