Ticking/Shudder Noise under Throttle and Boost Loss

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR MPH

Reaction score
Hi guys, My D22 2012 (50 000km) is making noise under throttle. The noise is virtually nonexistent if I accelerate lightly or moderately, however if I put my foot down and put the engine under load it sounds like there is a ticking/shudder coming from left of the engine bay.

I have installed slightly larger tyres, Mickey P3 ATZ 265/75/16 and thought maybe these have had some effect. I have also installed a Steinbauer chip and blocked the EGR.

On another note, I have also lost some boost (back to stock 16psi) after installing a manual boost T and had it set at 19-20psi with great results. It now won't increase above stock boost levels nomatter how much I adjust manual controller. The intercooler looks leak free, no oily discharge.

My thoughts are a leak in the intercooler (as it used to pull hard) or a leak in the boost lines as I don't have clamps on turbo actuator, boost T or wastegate hoses. Also I thought maybe now there is a lack of air (psi) with the increased amounts of fuel from Steinbauer chip that is causing the shudder/ticking noise under power. I will be investing in a HPD top mount soon...

Any help would be super. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated, Cheers, Matty.

Latest posts

Back