Tigerz11 Awnings

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just wanted to ask what size awning you guys with canopy's are using?
I dont have a canopy and im about to buy a 2.5m wide x 2m long, BUT i am also ordering one for a mate who has a canopy.
Does it matter or is he better off with the 2m wide??

Cheers,
Nathan.

Why does it matter? I am a tad confused?

Why does it matter? I am a tad confused?

well thats no surprise:sarcastic: but with the canopy he only has the front rack so i thought it may be better to have it not run along the ute as far but roll out longer, if that makes sense??
But im not really sure, so thats why i asked .
Dont want to give the poor Hilux owner the wrong advice.

well thats no surprise:sarcastic: but with the canopy he only has the front rack so i thought it may be better to have it not run along the ute as far but roll out longer, if that makes sense??
But im not really sure, so thats why i asked .
Dont want to give the poor Hilux owner the wrong advice.

Hey mate, you'll probably find that they can only have 700mm or so after the last set of bolts so a 2 metre for a cab rack. It's the go with my ARB one anyway.

I still don't get why the canopy matters. I run a 2.5 awning and still will with the canopy. Once the roof platform is done i am to weld the brackets onto that over the canopy and run the awning along that. At the moment my bars are only about 1000mm apart so there is atleast 750mm each side. Doesn't bother the awning.

I still don't get why the canopy matters. I run a 2.5 awning and still will with the canopy. Once the roof platform is done i am to weld the brackets onto that over the canopy and run the awning along that. At the moment my bars are only about 1000mm apart so there is atleast 750mm each side. Doesn't bother the awning.

Thanks FB, thats good enough for me i will tell him to pick what ever he wants.
Its always better to check before the things gets delivered from vic and you find out its a no go.
I know i can be a prick, but i dont want him to waste his time.

Thanks FB, thats good enough for me i will tell him to pick what ever he wants.
Its always better to check before the things gets delivered from vic and you find out its a no go.
I know i can be a prick, but i dont want him to waste his time.

Ahh he knew he was askin the right person. "Nav owner"
Yeah he'll be right mate. mine doesn't flex for shit. Once I buy the rhino rack an start modifying it. It will have extra support bars and the awning mounts welded. It will only be a 1600mm long rack do almost 900mm will over hang after the last mount. I was considering also attaching it to my cabin roof rack but as the cab and tray flex separately I don't want to get to camp and have a bent awning.

New tigerz11 awning. 2.5 by 2.0. Looks pretty cool.

image-4142691318.jpg

image-100351117.jpg

image-938697693.jpg

Got one today for my Birthday present, cant wait to set it up.
Did you mount yours to the front cab rack and to the canopy rack??
I dont have a canopy but i didnt think you could mount them on the tray and the cab because of the movement.

Got one today for my Birthday present, cant wait to set it up.
Did you mount yours to the front cab rack and to the canopy rack??
I dont have a canopy but i didnt think you could mount them on the tray and the cab because of the movement.

I got mine for my birthday too. It's mounted on the cab bar and one on the canopy. With the movement, I don't think it matters to much. There is a bit a flex in it, can't see it doing any damage. I carry my step ladder on it the same way, it creeks a little. I had to make up a set of new brackets to fit my roof racks. The mounting brackets it came with were a bit big.

image-1416368991.jpg

Hey guys just wondering how your awnings are going I'm just about to buy one.

Hey, I havent had a chance to fit my new roof racks, so the awning is still sitting in the shed. Which hasn't been a problem, because I havent been camping since Easter DAMN IT!!!! haha

Any updates to this. They are in special at the moment and I might pick one up. They are about $160

I got one last week and went camping with a mate who has an ARB one. Not much difference at all, his was slighlty tighter than mine which I attribute to a slight difference in tolerances in the manufacture of the canvas. Otherwise the Tigerz11 one has cast aluminium joints while the ARB one only had plastic so I think the tigerz11 is actually better made.

yea I just got one haven't used it yet I got the 2m x 3m will be using it a bit over summer on runs up the beach

Latest posts

Back