Timing Chain - are they required to be replaced every 100,000kms or so?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Tonka

Reaction score
Hi, I read in the warranty booklet and maintenance records booklet and it says at 100,000kms/60,000miles/60months, the timing belt for the camshaft and injection pump of the Diesel engines needs to be replaced?? That shocked me as I hear that these YD25 diesel engines have timing chains and they shouldn't need to be replaced as they can live as long as engine live? Please correct me if I am wrong. I am not saying that my timing chain is making noises or anything, its fine. My car is now nearly at 110,000kms mark and I just want to make sure. If yes, then how much would that cost roughly? Thanks

True, I did some search and only found one page with answer but wasnt assured.

I wonder any guys out there with navaras YD25 when through 100,000km service without changing the timing chain? I reckon I should give Nissan a call to check that out.

I gave Nissan a call, actually called two different place to ensure the story is the same, and yes it was the same. They said that they are not required to be replaced every 100,000kays or so like the timing belt in some cars. Only replace if they are noisy or faulty. Reason why i needed to know to be sure because someone is interested in buying my Navara and asked if I have changed the timing chain as I have just passed the 100,000kay mark. I wasn't too sure before then. Thanks anyway guys,

You already said that....and more....about timing chains and their replacement in the link above. :sarcastic:

You are a fairly helpful and knowledgeable source of information if people learn to use the search tool as well as the reading skill most developed at school. :sarcastic:

lmao bit harsh, but yes search would have gave you plenty of answers. Did they tell you how much to replace chain?? if not better of asking how much for a ounce of plutonium, proberly get a similar quote.

You already said that....and more....about timing chains and their replacement in the link above. :sarcastic:

You are a fairly helpful and knowledgeable source of information if people learn to use the search tool as well as the reading skill most developed at school. :sarcastic:

Oh yeah....and so I did

lmao bit harsh, but yes search would have gave you plenty of answers. Did they tell you how much to replace chain?? if not better of asking how much for a ounce of plutonium, proberly get a similar quote.

prolly an OZ of gold would do it..

Latest posts

Back