Timing Chain Mechanic WA

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maccad40

Reaction score
Hi All

Was wondering if anyone in Perth knows or recommends a mechanic that could replace the timing chain in my d40.
I live in Geraldton and my mechanic won't touch it and says no one else will in town .
So i was hoping someone could recommend some one preferably not a dealer .
Don't trust them as far as i could through them.

Thanks

Southside Engine Centre in Myaree... They did mine and 2 other guys I know.. They've done many a timing chain...

Or - contact FREMANTLE FUEL INJECTION, they have a mechanic across from them whom has also done multiple D40 timing chains and knows his stuff too..

Ok thanks.

how many kms had your nav done before you got it done and i gather it broke of did you just get it done for peace of mind

cheers

Mine had done 198,000km... I was chasing a problem which 2 mechanics pointed at a stretched timing chain..

Problem was NOT the timing chain, but it certainly was on it's last legs and am happy that I got it replaced when I did..

I purchased the whole timing chain replacement kit from ENGINES AUSTRALIA... Cost roughly $700..

Labour to remove / replace timing chain, flush and repair radiator and belts etc was $1120..

Latest posts

Back