Timing chain snapped

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nismo4x4

Reaction score
Hey guys,

im looking at buying a 07 YD25 complete motor ($500 100k's) but the timing chain has let go...i think its worth it for the injectors/turbo/fuel pump...would it be worth fixing the block from the snapped timing chain or not worth it??

any info be handy thanks guys

If you have the space to store the stripped useful parts = yes.
Rebuilding the block... no idea. But my gutt says no. It could be educational to strip the block and see first hand the complete inards though :)

Yea just got off the phone to paul from yd25.com. He reckons kinda not worth it pending what else was fkd but for spares its worth it. He also said 07-09 model d40 had poor chains n tensioners everything else on the yd25 was really good gear hence y he said i was able to get 230ks outa my engine n coul go another 200k's but for 07-09 they shit themsleves around 80-120ks

As a complete engine it has, as you point out, a whole pump, fuel rail, injectors, glow plugs, camshafts etc that won't have been damaged by the snapped chain.

I'd pull the thing apart. You might find that the pistons are also in good condition, there might be a bent valve pair - replace the guides, hone the bores, change over the main bearings, give it slightly oversized piston rings, new main seals, then port it, reassemble it with Paul's timing chain and then see how long it goes for. I bet it'll outdo all of our cars.

Back