Tips on Pressures

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D40NAVY

Reaction score
What sort of Pressures is recommended when riving on sand, havent got big wheels just standard withs on 255/70/16 All Terrrain Tread, and preffered pressures for different surfaces ( Rock,Sand,Gravel,Dirt) all help is appreciated thanks.

The rough figures I have in my head are
mud 16 psi,
sand 26 psi, and
road 36psi.

The bottom line is there is mud and mud, sand and sand, so only experience will tell you the likely best pressure up front. I would expect there is different pressure for dunes(lower), then upper or lower(tide out) beach.

Depends how soft the sand is.

General rule of thumb is never go below 15PSI - easy to roll a bead off. Soft sand, down to 15, 16 PSI. Hard sand - 20 to 25. Conditions dictate the pressure.

onroad 40 psi
off road, the magic 22psi for me on anything that doesnt require much brain power I.e. easy driving, then adjust down accordingly.

I went as low as 12 psi on the sand once. As a last resort as Doc said stick to 16Psi and see how you go

Sand-12 to 16 psi
Dirt/gravel/rocky fire roads etc-28 psi if slower speeds are expected
Road and high speed dirt-36 to 40 psi
Remember when tire pressures are lower speed should be slower so the tyre doesn't overheat and start deconstructing itself.

+1 to fourocker
"Remember when tire pressures are lower speed should be slower so the tyre doesn't overheat and start deconstructing itself."

Best comment! It is not only about just the pressure.

Also, the lower your tyre pressure, the slower you should turn the vehicle. As far as I know (and for the life of me I don't know WHY) bead lockers are illegal in Australia.

Also, the lower your tyre pressure, the slower you should turn the vehicle. As far as I know (and for the life of me I don't know WHY) bead lockers are illegal in Australia.

my guess would be poor maintenance would lead to Xena warrior princess Liek action down the highways??:rock::rock::rock:

Latest posts

Back