tire size on standard height

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

13bt

Reaction score
hey guys ..new to the forum
got a 07 stx petrol navara and its due from some tyres. im getting muddies for it but been told to stick with 31s because any bigger will scrub out . Can i get anything bigger on the standard rim and standard height?

All depends if you wanna stay legal or not
I beleive that in NSW your only allowed to go 15mm over stock ( someone correct me if I screwed up again lol )
So that being said your pretty much stuck to a 255/75/R16 or there abouts .

Welcome to the forum, you can fit 32's on a stock D40 with no probs. 33" and you will need at the very least a 2" lift and some front guard trimming ect most will do a 2" suspension lift and a 2" body lift then you dont need to trim any panels or mud flaps

If you want to find out more have a look in the d40 section or do a few searches and you should find a stack of threads on this exact question

I just upgraded from the d22 to a D40 ST on friday. Ive just fitted 265/70r17 maxxis bighorn muddies which i think is about 32"...? Standard tyres are 762mm and the new ones are 804mm. Today I just put a 2" lift under it and now im thinking i should have gone the 33s lol

Not to worried about it being illegal.
Might chuck some 32inch tyres on and see how that goes, if use dont think they will scrub out to much?
Iv seen on ebay some 2inch lifting blocks that im intrested in for under $400, what do use think about the ebay stuff? . If i do a suspension upgrade i wont be going elcheapo ..im just thinking blocks and spacers arnt to bad?

Thanx for the reply guys

I have had 32" tyres fitted to both my D40's, one had no lift at all for the first 2000km and no scrubbing at all.

I personally would not do blocks with the stock suspension as it is pretty crap stuff out of the factory.

The other thing is if you intend on running a bullbar then you will need to upgrade the coils anyway not to mention if you end up wanting to get a winch.

The car will handle better on and off the road with a decent quality suspension upgrade despite the lift.

All depends if you wanna stay legal or not
I beleive that in NSW your only allowed to go 15mm over stock ( someone correct me if I screwed up again lol )
So that being said your pretty much stuck to a 255/75/R16 or there abouts .

Not sure if ill be wrong in saying this, but i think they changed the laws and you are now legally aloud to go 50mm larger in tyre diameter. Found the info on here: http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/ro...Tyres_Suspension_Steering_V2_1Jan_2011 v3.pdf pg21 i believe. Im preety sure it applies for nsw? Found this out on BFG's website

Latest posts

Back