Tire Torque.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I bought one a few months back from Repco when they had a storewide discount.

Great for really tight wheel nuts.

Had to go to 2 Repco stores because the woman parts interpreter at the first one had no idea what I was talking about.

G'day joe2006,
On the you-tube clip it said to wind until you hear the second click. Do you know if that is adjustable for different torque settings.

My D22 2006 is 132N-m, 13.5Kg-m, 98ft-lb, so my question is, can you adjust the Tire Torque to different torque settings, or is it nonadjustable and close enough.

Also do you think it is a useful tool and fits the D22 rim nut easily, or a bit of a time wasting gimmick.

I don't use it to tighten the nuts because it seems that it would be easy to overtighten them. There is no adjustment of any description so I don't know about the "clicks" that you refer to.

It comes with a couple of sockets and I will check tonight what size they are and also read the instructions regarding the tightening of nuts and let you know.

I have bent wheel braces, broken my Sidchrome ratchet and busted my big torque wrench in desperation trying to get wheel nuts off before so in my opinion, so far it has been money well spent.

I don't use it to tighten the nuts because it seems that it would be easy to over tighten them. There is no adjustment of any description so I don't know about the "clicks" that you refer to.

Hi joe2006,
Thanks for the super quick answer.
The "Clicks" I'm talking about are in the you-tube clip.
He said to listen for the clicks as you tighten, when you hear the second click stop...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIWeY9lNU7Y

Attachments

• $(KGrHqNHJEgE8oY,psQNBPbqL2EH!g~~60_12.JPG
    $(KGrHqNHJEgE8oY,psQNBPbqL2EH!g~~60_12.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
it might have its uses but a standard torque wrench works best for me.
110-120ft lb on the d22, i did 100ft lb (i think thats what the manual says) a couple of years ago and the nuts came loose after about 50 ks.

I read the instructions. It says that it suits 3/4" & 13/16" or 19mm & 21mm nuts.

It comes with 19 & 21mm sockets.

It says "When tightening the wheel nut you will hear a loud 'click' when proper torque is achieved (65 - 86lb-ft)"

It also warns that if wheel nuts have been tightened by an impact wrench and are too tight to undo by hand using the Tire Torque, to have them removed by a mechanic using an impact wrench.

Thank for posting that info joe2006,
Will have to re valuate, it looks to be a good produce though.

Latest posts

Back