TJM VS ARB Rear Step/ Fill in panel?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joely1991

Reaction score
Hi all, I was recently hit from behind in my 06 STR Navara at around 60kp/h and needless to say, my standard Nissan Rear bar is a little worse for wear, but not as bad as i was expecting. The other blokes insurance is paying for it all of course.

Now im in the process of getting quotes for the repairs and have soon realised that the ARB and TJM Rear Steps are much better price than the Genuine Nissan Rear Bars(around $1400 i believe).

After reading a couple threads about rear bars, from what i can understand the TJM rear bars come with the fill in panel but the ARB ones dont? is this correct?

Are either of the bars better than the other?

Can anyone upload some pics of their TJM/ARB/ or any other brand rear bars?

IMG_0795edited.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0971edited.jpg

I was reading about the new TJM bars in the Dec 11 4wd action mag and when I rang up Perth TJM they said they don't exist?

Exact same thing happened to me. I got cash settlement from the insurance company to not replace the rear bar. I then put the ARB rear bar on and came out of it a few hundred ahead. Yes it does not come with the infill panel, you can either source one from a wrecked DX D22 or one from a D21 tub also fits the D22 tubs in my experience.

TJM include the panel but i think ARB do sell one for an extra charge. ARB bar is a fair bit more expensive. check out my ride thread to see a few pics of the TJM one.
@cbb they only just came out, maybe in the last 1-2 months

I already have the painted DX filler panel in the shed.

Getting Craigs old rear ARB bar powdercoated this week if I can.

I got a good deal me thinks.

arb do sell the infill panel
i was quoted $1079 fitted bout 6 wks ago(,bar and panel)
can someone PLEASE run into mine

Last edited:
i keep saying i wish someone would run into the back of mine. not hard enough to damage the tub but hard enough to ruin the bar so i can throw a tjm one on atleast. the ARB bar sticks out way to far and doesnt have any bracing underneath to stop it from smahing back into the tub.

Rusty

oh also these may be worth looking at. i emailed them about the fitting to a thai model d22 and got some random reply back that didnt answer my question. maybe someone else can give them a try
Just rear bar style
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/120828390391?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

dual wheel carrier model
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/120828355598?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

small amount of info i got is.

the normal rear bar has a 3T hitch same as our genuine units but may need to be modified to suit 09 onwards models

the dual wheel carrier model sits above the genuine nissan towbar and bolts into the same places as the towbar again it may be needing modification to suit a 09 onwards d22.

thats all the info i got

Rusty

Oh im glad to here they do make a panel, worst part about ARB is they rekon i"ll have to wait til march to get a rear bar, and longer again if its colour coded. not sure about TJM etc havnt tried them yet

The TJM one that Al got on his Nav, with infill panel etc all for under $600.00 looks a bargain. I've just replaced our bent chrome one with a near new 2011 D22 chrome bar from Andrew on the forum here. Thanks mate, works a treat. Can't afford a TJM/ARB/Scottybobcat bar atm, so the chrome bar it is! :big_smile:

i was quoted from Elizabeth SA ARB : $740 for the black rear bar supply only/ or $920 supply and fitted. add $220 for the colour coded option.

Haha yeah i still suffered slight tailgate damage though

oh also these may be worth looking at. i emailed them about the fitting to a thai model d22 and got some random reply back that didnt answer my question. maybe someone else can give them a try
Just rear bar style
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/120828390391?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

dual wheel carrier model
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/120828355598?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

small amount of info i got is.

the normal rear bar has a 3T hitch same as our genuine units but may need to be modified to suit 09 onwards models

the dual wheel carrier model sits above the genuine nissan towbar and bolts into the same places as the towbar again it may be needing modification to suit a 09 onwards d22.

thats all the info i got

Rusty

Cheers for pointing out these, i've been seaching all over the net and didnt come across them

im gonna give TJM and ARB a call tomorrow to find out all the prices and waiting times etc

TJM include the panel but i think ARB do sell one for an extra charge. ARB bar is a fair bit more expensive. check out my ride thread to see a few pics of the TJM one.
@cbb they only just came out, maybe in the last 1-2 months

I just checked out your thread, nice lookin nav mate, love those mags. those pictures of your TJM Bar are exactly what i was after, now if i could see some of the same pics of an ARB one id be able to make the decision. but at this stage after seeing those pics im leaning toward the TJM, looks more solid and doesnt stick out so far at the back

Picked up my TJM rear bar today, $595.00.

Just need to find time to install now.......

Latest posts

Back