Too much smoke??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbzerk

Reaction score
Hey all,
Still pretty new to my Nav and a little concerned about how much smoke its blowing.
I've had it now for 3ish months, with 115,000 on the clock. It drives pretty smooth and starts well. I get about 650-700ks per fill up and i've done the ERG mod.
There's a noticeable amount of black smoke from the exhaust if i accelerate a little bit hard. Is this normal for diesels/d40s?

Since im new to 4x4's and d40's im not sure if its running the way it should be

Can anyone recommend a good diesel mechanic that i can get the once over, pref near northern suburbs.

Thanks everyone.

You could spend a bucketload getting injectors cleaned and checked but since your economy isn't unreasonable - I'm assuming that's from about 65L, making your economy around the 10LPHK mark - I really don't see a problem.

Mine doesn't blow smoke at all - but mine's an auto, with a DPF fitted. Diesels normally blow smoke when they're pushed - I wouldn't be too concerned.

If it eases your mind, throw a bottle of diesel injector cleaner in the tank.

they should not smoke at all. i've yet to see any that do smoke.

check the basics like air filters and that theres is no air leaks while under boost.
the other thing is to change fuel filter and reset ecu ie delete the fuel data.

Back