Torque Converter/Valve Body Upgrade

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montana

Reaction score
Has anyone,or know of anyone who has done a converter and valve body upgrade ? wholesale autos in victoria do an exchange that sounds good,but want feedback from someone who has, not a salesperson.should drops the stall to 2400 from 3000,making it better all round. quoted 1250for converter and 995 for valve body.

A bloke in the group we were away with at Easter owns an 80 series Cruiser & was absolutely scathing of them. Not at all happy with the work done on his transmission. Most or all of what I have read however has been complementary of their work. :dontknow:

I have no idea about that unit, but I'm content with the stall speed on mine and the valves would change how and when the gears change, I'd imagine - something else that I see no reason to change.

When warm, my torque converter is now locking at speeds as low as 60km/h which it shouldn't, but I'm not complaining! This might further delay my purchase of the unit that goes in the sump of the transmission that allows full manual locking of the torque converter so that I can give it full throttle at (say) 80km/h and it just motors on without changing gear.

Still, I'd be interested to learn more about this unit and whether or not there's a good reason to justify it, or to stay away from it!

Tony
Do you any info on this?
This might further delay my purchase of the unit that goes in the sump of the transmission that allows full manual locking of the torque converter so that I can give it full throttle at (say) 80km/h and it just motors on without changing gear.

I had a patrol some years back and powered up a solonoid to give full lock up in every gear

Rick

Tony
Do you any info on this?
This might further delay my purchase of the unit that goes in the sump of the transmission that allows full manual locking of the torque converter so that I can give it full throttle at (say) 80km/h and it just motors on without changing gear.

I had a patrol some years back and powered up a solonoid to give full lock up in every gear

Rick

A mob called Wholesale Automatic Transmissions have a replacement Navara module for the auto gearbox. Given how mine's performing at the moment, I think I can wait before doing something like this.

Thanks Tony
Had a look at their site and found plenty on the valve body assembly but nothing on a lock up switch for the navara.
I will call them sometime today

Rick

Contacted them today and no torque converter lock up for the D40 yet.
They want over $900 for the modified valve body.

Back