Toughseal paint Protection

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
the truck is currently in the paint booth getting its fresh colour.The painter has suggested that I use a paint Protection system from ToughSeal Aus
Have been told i will be able to do it myself and the guys at the shop do swear by it. Its not overly pricey and easy enough to apply. Doesnt appear to have any snake oil or such as its listed ingredients. Its originally from Europe and seems to be a fair product.
the proof will be in 12 months
will do pics as I go

I'd be more worried about the placebo effect that anything else. You spend money on something and you always want it to work, sure if the paint falls off within 12 months you think it's a shit paint job but if the paint is still there in 12 months is it because of the paint job or because of the protection? And has the protection given it more shine or less scratches, well unless you leave one panel without protection it's kind of hard to prove.

At the end of the day a spray painter is trying to sell you something extra, something which makes him money just like a car dealer does, or just like an insurance salesman does, whether you believe the sales pitch is entirely up to you.

The full package with interior and exterior protection is under $200 . Having it professionally done is where the money is .
Toughseal Australia | 0ffers the finest paint protection for vehicle painted surfaces Paint Protection. The Future of Paint Protection Revolutionary.
The paint shop gets ZERO from this and to date the painter has been very straight forward and honest about everything.He works on high end cars all the time and is the only preferred repairer for Shannons in the area.
I figure if this stuff is even half as good as it says then I am in front. I spend a small fortune in Meguiars and Mothers products and we never think twice about putting their gear on.Its just hype we have been led to believe. I figure what the hell why not. Only ever going to know in time and the painter has said if it turns to custard he will fix it free so I feel I got nothing to loose.
think of it as possibly a new Meguiars product that lasts more than 3 weeks

The full package with interior and exterior protection is under $200 . Having it professionally done is where the money is .
Toughseal Australia | 0ffers the finest paint protection for vehicle painted surfaces Paint Protection. The Future of Paint Protection Revolutionary.
The paint shop gets ZERO from this and to date the painter has been very straight forward and honest about everything.He works on high end cars all the time and is the only preferred repairer for Shannons in the area.
I figure if this stuff is even half as good as it says then I am in front. I spend a small fortune in Meguiars and Mothers products and we never think twice about putting their gear on.Its just hype we have been led to believe. I figure what the hell why not. Only ever going to know in time and the painter has said if it turns to custard he will fix it free so I feel I got nothing to loose.
think of it as possibly a new Meguiars product that lasts more than 3 weeks

that sounds pretty good to me $200 for the full kit when some dealers say $1000 and the next is having a "special" and it will be only $2500 haha.

like you say add up how much we spend on polish and wax ect its well worth giving it a go. :cheers!:

I spoke with the agent here in Canberra today and he said apart from it keeping your paint looking good its just easier to clean. Now I have seen his Hilux and it even made that thing look good lol.
I figure for the amount its gotta be worth a shot.

like you say add up how much we spend on polish and wax ect its well worth giving it a go. :cheers!:

That's probably why I don't consider it worth it I doubt I've spent $200 on wax or polish, I doubt I've even spent $200 on car wash in 20 odd years of car ownership. has it every made a difference to my cars, their resale or their performance, I'll never know and I doubt it can ever be proven, but each to their own.

The big thing about this stuff is its meant to stop minor scratching and swirl marks and if it does that for 6 months even then I am stoked. the factory jam they put on the trucks would mark if you even went near it. Hopefully this will stop it .
I did a quick check on how much stuff I have in the shed and by the time you add up the polish /wax/ swirl remover and all the rest of the gunk its a damm lot of money.

That's probably why I don't consider it worth it I doubt I've spent $200 on wax or polish, I doubt I've even spent $200 on car wash in 20 odd years of car ownership. has it every made a difference to my cars, their resale or their performance, I'll never know and I doubt it can ever be proven, but each to their own.

i know what you are saying, with my last ute i didnt spend much at all on polish ect, but that was probably due to the colour.

now that i have a black ute things are a little different. i think im still in that new car honeymoon period were i look at every mark or blemish.

i am sure that will soon wear off with a few more trips out in the bush and lots more pin stripes from narrow bush tracks.
personally i can see myself clocking up easily around $200. when you look at one small bottle of meguiars liquid polish is about $30 and a bottle of half decent car wash is about $15. then buy some sort of stain remover to get the kids spills off the seats, that they some how got to go through the seat covers.

im not sure either weather it will add value to the resale but i dont really expect spending $200 would and that would not be my reason for trying it.
i certainly dont expect it to add or improve "performance" to my car.
like you say each to their own. :yes4:

Mine is a street queen 4x2 and where you guys go offroad I play on racetracks and stay on the black top.I clean the truck up and put it into car shows with a local Ute club so I would likely put way more into the appearance of the truck than most.
Washed every weekend and polished every 3 months ( well use quick detailer ) and once a year the full deal with clay bar and wax etc .

let me know what you think of it once you have used it. i would be keen to give it a go, m8 $200 for the full kit is not that bad really, when you think of it its only 2 tanks of fuel. from what i have read i think you can get it without the interior stuff, so it would be cheaper again.. i just looked in opposite lock the other day and spent $450. lol

Hopefully the truck will be finished in the paint booth next weekend and hopefully back here the week after. They have recommended I leave it a month to ensure the paint has totally cured and then it will get the paint treatment .
Once it gets home I have to put back all the bits I took off like the bars etc and the miles of wiring for all the strobe lights etc. It will probably take me the month just to get it all bolted together.

Ive seen some 5 n 10 years later, (so that makes it "old technology" now) , n man you cannot rescue the paint. They look like the clear coat is peelin off. No disrespect to your painter, he could be right this one may be good. Anyway 5or 10 years down the track It'll be moot point, they all go south. Enjoy your fresh paint job eh, that's why we have toys eh.

I am not sure if it is still around but I remember the brand new family car getting the "Ming Finish" paint protection, before delivery.

Shortly after purchase the front guard was hit & had to be replaced but the Ming finish was not applied to the newly painted guard.

Several years past & the the paint faded badly, that is except for front guard which did not have the paint protection.

It was a fair while ago & maybe things have changed? Maybe they never actually applied it & just stuck the "Ming" sticker on the back window & maybe the factory paint job was just crap?

There has been a few write ups in some of the trade mags and newspaper mags lately about paint protection nothing overly definitive but it does seem like they have given oil in diesel theorists a rest for a while and having a go at paint protection. It's interesting to read that while some do claim paint protection works for 12 months or so at best very few report it working for much longer and most products loose any protective qualities much earlier than 12 months. Guess it's just another one of those areas where people will believe what they want to believe.

What a load of crap!!!!!! Ive been a sparypainter in the prestige market for 17 years all that stuff they are telling you is crap, Ive used them all from carnuba wax to teflon 3 stage paint sealers, and they all start washing off in about the first 3 to 4 washes. Its not rocket surgery to apply either, you could teach a monkey to do it. 2 pack has a catalyst called "Hardener" as soon as its baked in the booth for 1/2 hour to 45 mins @ 60 degrees and then cooled to ambient temp you can wax, polish basically use any paint protection you want. Going on saying that any aftermarket paint, eg spiez hecker, glasurit, dupont, ppg, standox, sikkens have protection chemicals built into them that secrete to the surface when baked, the amount of paint on your car when factory is minuscule to an aftermarket paint job. The best product for black and dark coloured vehicles i have come across is meguires tech wax, lasts for about 4 to 6 washes depending on what products you use to wash your car, its about 30 to 40 bucks a bottle, cones in a kit and that easy to use a monkey could use it. Anyway i don't mean to be harsh just hate to see people that people are getting BS told to them, if you need any advice just ask.

Back