Toyota's 1KDFTE.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dave

Anyone thinking Toyotas are the best are kidding themselves.

Was talking to a local engine rebuilder the other night at the pub. Known him for years.

Anyways he was telling me he has rebuilt a heap of 1KDFTE's lately, all with the same problem's. Picking up the bore in the cylinders.

Replacing injectors aswell, its the thought the injectors are causing the problem.

My guess, shitty spray pattern washing the oil off the bores.

I know Toyota are living off a name.

Can only say what I have been told, I haven't seen them pulled down.

haha tell me about it, i actually work for a toymotor dealer, if it's not injectors going its the pump, if its not that its the stepper motor for the turbo, or a water pump...... that said its not just the 1kd that is the problem, the 1vd does the same thing.... only there are 8 injectors instead of 4 :p

you wanna know all the things i have had to do to my 'grenade' zd30? oil and filter..... and with all the mods i have done to mine, i get better take off then a 1vd v8 cruiser, and i get better milage too :rofl2:

Can't wait til you post this over at 4wd action, the wars you start over there crack me up!

Hello?? Is this the Toyota bitch thread? :sarcastic:

Bloody Toyota forums!! Ok we all know offering up the service manual is a breach of copyright but bloody Toyota owners seem to take this idea seriously. I don't blame them for not hosting the manual on their servers but how many times do they have to say "Breach of copyright, Toyota read these forums so we can't tell you anything".

Anyway like everything if you try hard enough you can find it and I found the manual I was after but bugger me just like their cars the manuals are so full of crap actually understanding them takes 4 science degrees and a PHD. All I wanted was some electrical diagrams and they are like a page full of spaghetti with all sorts of crap written on them.

Bloody Toyota make reading the electrical section of the Nav manual a breeze.

$850 + $200 fitting for a new wing mirror because they can't fix or disable the electrics for it....That's the kind of feeling we all love.

One wiring diagram and what could amount to an hours work and I'll have the thing operational without that Toyota feeling.

$850 + $200 fitting for a new wing mirror because they can't fix or disable the electrics for it....That's the kind of feeling we all love.

One wiring diagram and what could amount to an hours work and I'll have the thing operational without that Toyota feeling.

Oh what bullshit, toyata,s never have a problem:rofl2:

This one does, but it's biggest problem is the driver. There is dents or scratches on every panel, the drivers mirror folds out instead of in and the thing has recently just had it's first service at 115K, first car he's had serviced in 15 years.

This one does, but it's biggest problem is the driver. There is dents or scratches on every panel, the drivers mirror folds out instead of in and the thing has recently just had it's first service at 115K, first car he's had serviced in 15 years.

Do u mean 1st oil change at 115k ??

If so, then that's a amazing on it's on.....

I think no matter what car u have/get, there will be some that are lemons and some that never seem to have any problems.... providing they are well serviced....

I've always had Toyotas, then I added a little Zuk to the fold...... all been good cars..... now, I've stepped out of my comfort zone into my very 1st Nissan..... a Navara. I'm hoping to have the same good experience I've had with my previous cars.... as long as I keep servicing it properly....

Doctors claim we need regular checkups, Obviously he doesn,t extend that to his cars

This doctor knows servicing is a good thing he just doesn't think about it so it doesn't happen and when you're working 70 hour weeks (not including the hours on the farm) servicing is not something that easily fits into a schedule.

His last Prado (07) did 140K without a service and when he took it in to trade it the dealer stupidly told him that lack of maintenance would cost him on the trade in, so with the prices of each service on the dealers wall the doc added up exactly what each service would have cost and when the dealer told him how much the lack of servicing would cost on the trade in he just laughed and said "Well I'm still in front going by those service prices."

I wouldn't recommend not servicing a car but it just goes to show cars are built to withstand a lot more than 10K between services and that manufacturers handbook servicing is more about making dollars for dealerships than anything else. Even the little 4 cylinder diesel Mitsu trucks we had used to go out to 20K between services and they were massively underpowered toys running 12-14 hours per day, regular stop start and often close to redlining to maintain 90-100kph 7 days a week.

Latest posts

Back