Transfer case chain slipping

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goosey

Reaction score
Gday guys
The time has come to do the chain d22 06 3.0lt td ,just wondering what other options are there out there? Would a d21 fit or mybe pathfinder ,iam not hard on the car but where we drive(sunshine coast) its very hilly .the nav is twin locked and use the clutch a fair bit to keep the shock load to a minium never broke cv yet, any advice would be good
Many thanks goosey

Last edited:
Be aware, might not be the chain, could be the free-running hubs. They make a similar racket and are much cheaper and easier to replace. If it's definitely chain just replace it with another D22 one

Thanks dion
Will pull my hubs off and hopefully its broken in there but they lock in and out smoothly ?
Goosey

Gday pulled the hubs off and the drive flange thingy all good inside looking more like the chain?
Think i might get a transfer case from the wreckers and try my luck,
Goosey

im in the same boat. installed a lokka and now the chain is slipping. deff not hubs unlocked one at a time and it still made the noise, although less because the must have been less pressure on the chain.

Hey mate
Would be good if you could upgrade the box or get a stronger chain even reduction gears at a resonable price,but sometimes maybe asking to much from the nav
Goosey

Im in the same boat, transfer case chain has gone. Just gonna replace the whole box. Got quoted $770 for a new box which I think is pretty expensive. Someone else on the forum got a second hand case for $500 so I think i will be hunting around some more

Hey guys from memory I got a transfer case for around 300 from halls 4x4 wreckers in Melbourne I no it's not close but they will freight items and they will almost certainly have 1. Could be worth a shot if you struggle getting 1 locally

Gday guys
Got a transfer case from fester at all 4x4 spares in minden near brisbane $ 350.00,great bloke to deal with a+
Goosey

im gonna pull the case out tomoz, did suspension cross member, tail shafts, torsion bars and everything else today. Im at 3 hrs labour so far an thats by myself and using hand tools.

Latest posts

Back