Transfer case Speedo

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxpower

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I’ve decided to replace the transfer case instead of replacing the bush in it. Got a transfer case from largest nissan wrecker in SA and my mechanic fitted it, only to find out the old one had the speedo connected to to , where the new one doesn’t. The bloke from Niss Wreck said he had never seen one out of my 2005 d40 before and he has 7 in his workshop

My build is a spanish build . Is there any way around this , or what would you recommend ?

As near as I can tell, even older models (my info goes back to 2006, not to yours and there might have been a change) use the ABS rings to get speed info. What info I can get about the older cars is the speed is measured by a sensor on the output shaft of the gearbox (and this might mean the transfer case).

As near as I can tell, even older models (my info goes back to 2006, not to yours and there might have been a change) use the ABS rings to get speed info. What info I can get about the older cars is the speed is measured by a sensor on the output shaft of the gearbox (and this might mean the transfer case).
I was hoping you would reply !

Sorry my terminology was wrong , it’s the ‘speedo drive’ that connects to the transfer case.

I’m at a bit of a loss , other than ringing every wrecker asking if their transfer case has a socket for the speedo drive . Apparently all the ones they have just have a hole going to no where and the mounting hole for the speedo drive is missing also

Just got off the phone with another wrecker ! they confirmed there is one with the speedo drive and one without , how annoying.

They found out the hard was after doing a trans swap haha.

Now just to find one …

Latest posts

Back