R51 Pathfinder struggling with fuel pressure.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 52560

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

Just looking for some help and guidance. I have a 2007 R51 Pathfinder 2.5l Diesel. Now Long story short, my vehicle is struggling with fuel pressure according to a mechanic I had come to do a call out to my house. Now he thinks its on need of a new fuel pump which may be the case. The car won't start and when/if it does start it does not idle, it will stall if I take my foot of the accelerator. Now the reason I thought I would reach out is because when I disconnect the Cam Sensor plug she is more likely to start. Approximately 6-7 months ago I had the timing chain replaced and since then I have also replaced the following myself: EGR, SCV & Alternator. Now my question is, why would the car start easier with the Cam Sensor plug disconnected and could this have anything to do with fuel pressure? I just didn't want to fork out the big $$ for a new CR Pump if I didn't need to. Any advice at this point will be greatly appreciated, thank you!! 🙏

The very next thing I would do is overprime the fuel system tomorrow morning.

Squeeze the primer bulb until it's firm. It should not take more than 5 or 6 squeezes tops. If it takes more, we're on the right track ... now keep squeezing even once it's firm. What's going to happen is you're going to increase the pressure in the system until diesel starts leaking. Fix the leak and you might find you've fixed the problem.

Of course, there's also a chance that you can overprime it 15-20 times and nothing leaks - so we'll look at other things to try.

Latest posts

Back