Transfer Case Swap

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JORDEY

Reaction score
Hi everyone just trying to find a better alternative to the pesky tx-10

something a little more robust hehe maybe out of a 720? that can be bolted in with little or no modification also are these gear driven or are they chain still
im trying to eliminate the chain if i can

i know atlas offers a tuff bit of kit but cant justify the 2.3G AUS plus postage from the states hears the link for atlas https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/atl...transfer-case-c-165_608_610.html?currency=AUD

Last edited:
Go the atlas, it hasn't been done before in Aus on a nav. I thought about doing it when I wretched my chain but decided not to. Unless you are gonna SAS your nav its kinda useless as the IFS is still the weakest part.

i agree with dilmah, go the atlas. i also looked at them not long ago after smashing a tx-10, but in the end went with an almost new replacement from the wreckers. biggest problem for me was i needed the car back on the road asap and had no time for research, freight etc.

On the transfer case note.... for those of you that have just done the chain replacement, how much was your chain? And did you do it yourself? My chain is stretched, and trying to work out the best way to do it, and what may be involved... budget is severely limited after having to do a full rebuild on the motor just now too...

I did my chain a few months ago, can be done in 2 days if you are good on the tools, have the correct tools and know what you are doing. chain was $850 for Nizbits.

I took me a few days to do mine, the workshop manual is a great help when re assembling the box. I left my transfer on the gearbox and just removed the rear cover. Some of the bearings are hard to remove and put back on so having a good bearing puller and a few different sizes is essential.

I never priced the chain as i broke a couple of gears but i do know garry at nizbits was much cheaper for parts than nissan australia!

would be better to replace

would it be better just to change the tranfer case only take a few hours couldn,t even give my spare one away

If i were to do it again I would take the whole case out and swap in a new one. Would be easier than trying to change the chain on it under the Nav where there is bugger all room.

Go the atlas, it hasn't been done before in Aus on a nav. I thought about doing it when I wretched my chain but decided not to. Unless you are gonna SAS your nav its kinda useless as the IFS is still the weakest part.

I want to go the atlas only problem is $$$ as for the ifs with something
like this it'll hold up no problem cv's wise at least lol
http://blog.ruggedrocksoffroad.com/...issan-xterra-frontier-r180-font-differential/

i agree with dilmah, go the atlas. i also looked at them not long ago after smashing a tx-10, but in the end went with an almost new replacement from the wreckers. biggest problem for me was i needed the car back on the road asap and had no time for research, freight etc.

Hey loco12 this is research at this point i don't trust the TX-10 chain to work
at that pinnacle moment halfway up a windy/muddy slope and no way of backing down lol
especially with no lockers and no winch mine broke lol

I am lucky enough to have a full pit in my garage at home, the whole reason I bought the house....I hadn't even looked inside the house when I said I wanted to buy it, it didn't matter if I was going to rebuild the whole place anyway. But the pit has been priceless for quite a few things I have had to do lately. Thanks for the info on the chain, something I will have to get on to.

Latest posts

Back