Transmission dip stick

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DannyBoy

Reaction score
Hi all

Ive got a 2012 D40 ST having a hard finding the dip stick I have looked online and tried to locate and ive read that it might not have a dip stick?

When filling the ATF, you gauge how full it is by watching the overflow tube (which is normally plugged, but obviously not when filling).

The AT boxes generally don't need filling unless they're leaking.

No wonder I couldnt find it haha. what woulf be the best way to check AT level? Pull tube off and see if it flows out?

thanks Tony.

I forgot to mention that the tranny has to be at 40C. Idle the engine, move the gear selector through the entire range then using a CONSULT device (that's the method they provide in the manual) check "ATF TEMP 1" under the "Data Monitor" section. It should be as close to 40C as possible.

I forgot to mention that the tranny has to be at 40C. Idle the engine, move the gear selector through the entire range then using a CONSULT device (that's the method they provide in the manual) check "ATF TEMP 1" under the "Data Monitor" section. It should be as close to 40C as possible.

Thank you very much

Took a look and couldnt find the overflow tube done a quick search and found that its attatched to the allen key bolt correct?

Also found that it needs nissans special pump to fill the damn thing.

Is there any other way to add oil without the pump?

I've heard of a method using a tube, making a hole in the top of the oil container and attaching the tube then squeezing the bottle, but it's untidy and probably easier to roll the car onto its roof.

I do think it's deliberate on Nissan's part, because the oil is supposed to be in there for life.

The over flow tube is behind the allen key bolt in the pan, you can use a large (500ml?) syringe to squirt oil upwards into the trans

I have a oil transfer hand pump from supercheap auto (looks like a 500ml cyringe with a flexible tube on the end) Was only about $25, money well spent for doing gearboxes and diffs.

Latest posts

Back