Tray to Tub swap

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bax84

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm looking at buying a 2005 Dual cab, and it's got a steel tray.

I'm just hoping somebody here can tell me, that if I was to go and track down a tub rear - what's compatible?

And what kind of prices they go for? I've seen a couple on ebay, but there's one there with a canopy for 900 dollars. I'm assuming that's a bargain.

But how much just for the tub.

Cheers

D22 or D40? If its a D22, they later model tubs wont fit.

Later models do fit, i had a 2012 tub on mine as i ruined my standard one, sold it to a mate who has a 2006 d22 and it bolted straight on, so in conclusion the newer ones WILL fit and are 100mm longer too

Good stuff, I'd read that they were longer - an extra 100mm won't go astray.

So is there any actual breakdown in years between lengths? My brother works at Nissan and I've asked him, but he's proving to be extremely useless :D

And scooba, do you mind me asking how much you sold it to your mate for?

I bought it brand new off a nissan dealer on ebay for $100, and sold it for the same when i put my steel tray on, dont pay the prices you see on ebay for $700 plus, a cheap one will turn up, why do you want a tub instead of the tray?

Also 2009 on have the longer tubs, you can tell by 2009 on has a fully smooth tail gate and pre 2009 has the horizontal lines and the big dirty black handle surround on the tail gate

Pre 2009

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 106
I bought it brand new off a nissan dealer on ebay for $100, and sold it for the same when i put my steel tray on, dont pay the prices you see on ebay for $700 plus, a cheap one will turn up, why do you want a tub instead of the tray?

Any idea who the dealer was?

Going tub because I want a canopy eventually. Don't really like the look of canopys on steel trays I guess. If I did I'd probably just buy a single cab.

A dual cab with a steel tray popped up locally for cheap, so I guess its just what's available for now.

I'm in Rockhampton. Qld.

Not really many options around here haha. Well it looks like my old Mazda ute sold. So hopefully I get a call tomorrow to tell me the Navara passed roadworthy.

Lol. Our timings a little off, otherwise it'd be perfect.

Its all good though I guess I'll keep looking. Worst case scenario, I pay for transport from bris or sunny coast.

Gday Bax, im just about to take my tub off my ute and im located in rockhampton, how long are you waiting? I should have my new tray done before the end of march

Are you kidding? Wow.

Well to be honest the cars not even mine yet. Hopefully purchasing tomorrow.

But yeah I could easily wait until whenever really.

What is it that you have? And what are you swapping over too? I'll happily swap over the steel tray if you'd want it.

Are you kidding? Wow.

Well to be honest the cars not even mine yet. Hopefully purchasing tomorrow.

But yeah I could easily wait until whenever really.

What is it that you have? And what are you swapping over too? I'll happily swap over the steel tray if you'd want it.

Lol no mate not kidding at all. I have a 2012 str daulcab qld pack navara, im building
My own custom tray for it so its more practicle for offroad and camping ect. The tube has black rollbars tubliner and toenue cover.

Back