Tried Searching, D40 seats into D22???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tcrawley10

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've tried searching and just can't find anything. But if the D40 seats fit the D22, which type is it? And do they just bolt in? or do they need brackets welded up etc? Please can somebody chime in,

Cheers,

Tys

From what I know "the bloke at the wreckers said no"! Has to be late d22 to d21 or d22.. I put buckets in mine "late d22 like new" thinking they would be better for me but NO, they sit me up even higher :( I need to get the drivers side lowered or go back to the bench seat!
I paid $300 for the pair and would consider going back to a bench seat!
How bad is your bench seat? cheers Vic

I put buckets in mine "late d22 like new" thinking they would be better for me but NO, they sit me up even higher :( I need to get the drivers side lowered or go back to the bench seat!

i got done by this as well, bench to buckets, less room and sit up high..
much more comfortable though, 2013 buckets replacing 1998 bench (block of wood) - also let me put in small fridge between seats

edit : sorry, didnt help with the question at all. From memory the d40 seats had different mounts to the d22, i dont know if anyone has actually tried to fit them and failed though!

Yeah see thats what i'm worried about, getting an engineers certificate here in N.S.W, i think it basically sounds like nothing really fits, i've searched hard over this forum about it but never really found anything 100%. I have VT SS seats in my ute at the moment but had to cut the brackets and reweld the D22 brackets on, sat too high so I was able to get them down decent enough, however i'm hell worried about my insurance or if i have an accident now. So I think i'm just going to put normal ones back in, but possibly reupholster them so theres much more padding. This may be my next task!

Funnily enough I've just changed the seats in mine. Dont get excited though I've just put a pr of 2013 D22 seats into my 2001 D22. I considered using seats out of something else, and while the fabrication side of it is no problem for me, in the the end I just didn't want to go to the hassle and cost of getting it engineered.
The story - I've only had this d22 for about a month. When I bought it it had a tear in the door side bolster on the drivers seat base and another tear in the inside bolster on the back part of the seat. The foam had also collapsed a bit. I thought I'd be able to remove the cover and sew it up and replace the dodgy foam.
But when I removed the seat I discovered that the pressed steel base was severly cracked around the front mounting bolt holes. Its a pretty poor design - probably a case of the bean counters won over the engineers so the base was made from thinner steel.
I could have repaired it but it would have been a fair bit of work. So eventually I found a pair of seats from a 2013 D22 with only 1200klms on them at a wrecker for $440.
Decided to bite the bullet and bought them. A lot better than the old ones but will never put Recaro out of business.
Several wreckers told me that this cracking is quite common on the D22.
So have a good look at the seat base before reinstalling it

you can see the cracks in the seat base.
regards
peter

Attachments

• seat base 002.jpg
    seat base 002.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 82
  • seat hole.jpg
    seat hole.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 85
No matter what you blokes do you will not negate the D22 torsion bar suspension. Iv'e had 2 torsion bar suspended trucks in my time and I would never buy another one.

What do you reckon the problem is with the torsion bar suspension? As most late ute's now have coils on the front and I don't think there are any cars with torsion bar suspensions anymore,there must be a reason why the manufacturers have gone away from them. A torsion bar increases in stiffness as more load is applied but coils can be made so they do the the same. Interesting.
In my case the main reason for the rough ride is the stiffness of the rear springs as the ute is basically unladen most of the time.
peter

Latest posts

Back