Trying to get the ass to walk through the tracks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nav05ST-R

Reaction score
Hey guys got a d22 navara 3lt td with stock suspension was looking at going a 2 inch lift still with the standard springs in the back longer travel shock and drop shackles, my question is has anyone tried this and if so how effective was it
Thanks Luke

Drop shackles are a waste of time as there is no weight on that particular wheel when traversing a steep side section. STD springs and extended shackles with shocks to match are the best for flex. 2" EFS springs (what I curently have) do reduce flex slightly but help load acrrying and comfort.

ive got the std springs with extended shackles and 2" longer shocks, flexs quite well in the back, but the ride is Farkin Harsh!!
I'm gona be changing the springs to 40-45mm raised ones soon to try and get a more comfortable ride.

thanks very much for the replys guys just wondering as i am looking at putting on 33's if that would make any difference to how much weight is pulling the springs down?

Last edited:
na shouldnt change how far the spring gets pulled down..its still restricted by the shackles itself being at full droop...check the road guidelines to extended shackles..ull find they are illegal for road use...

cheers
Rusty

thanks very much for the replys guys just wondering as i am looking at putting on 33's if that would make any difference to how much weight is pulling the springs down?

Not enough that you'd notice, and certainly not enough to get you further up a track.

If you want to increase your RTI, pull the front swaybar out.

Yeah, I know, bit of a foreign concept for owners of IFS vehicles. :sarcastic:

Ramp Travel Index. How far up a ramp at a certain angle you can get before your wheels lift off.

It has a little bit to do with off-road ability. More so for guys at the top end like Joshy and less so for anybody who has a set of drop shackles fitted.

Yeah, I know, bit of a foreign concept for owners of IFS vehicles. :sarcastic:

Ramp Travel Index. How far up a ramp at a certain angle you can get before your wheels lift off.

It has a little bit to do with off-road ability. More so for guys at the top end like Joshy and less so for anybody who has a set of drop shackles fitted.
Hey Dion,
excuse my ignorance but can't you get adjustable sway bars. also removing the front sway bar would that just help the front or both?
Thanks Luke

you can get disconnectable swaybars. there would be no benifit in "adjusting" them. To be honest you wont even notice youve pulled it off. It will help the front which in turn helps the rear.

drop shackles correctly set up still have there place. it does effectively give you more droop and theres no real reason why it couldnt give you that bit of extra traction you need.

I pulled the Front sway bar off my D21. Made exactly no difference at all. The front is limited by the top and bottom bump stops.

I have adjusted my front ride hight so at max flex the lower control arm is just touching the bump stop on the side of the vehicle that the wheel is pushed up into the gaurd. And the other side the wheel is pushed down by gravity and the torsion bar, all the way to the bump stop.. The only way you can improve that is with aftermarket control arms...

I am in the process of modifying my rear spring packs to increase flex. But i have run out of springs to chop up.... Anybody have any old leaves laying around...

what are you chopping on the springs?

I have removed the larger heavy load spring and replaced it with a lighter curved spring (from another spring pack i had) allowing the spring to flex much further upwards. I need another light curved spring either side to replace the remaining heavy flat load spring... End result is more flex at the expense of load carrying ability!!!!!

ah when you said chopping i thought u meant you were actually chopping up the leafs..

And becareful of how many leaves you pull out. ive seen more then one snap.

Back