Tub liner

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammy

Reaction score
Hello fellow Navarites, what a great forum for those of us owning Navaras. Well I am about to buy my first Navara for long distance touring & towing a van (to get later!). I have ordered a dual cab white ST-X and am wondering if it is best to get a drop-in liner or a spray-on liner. Later I will probably get a canopy when I save up the $$ and get some outback experience with the vehicle. Would appreciate your views.

Welcome Sammy

There is a few options available and they are all a personal preference thing, whether it's a spray on, or a lift out or whatever will be entirely your choice. There is plenty of info on this forum about liners with most people agreeing that theirs is the best. Try searching for liners to get a bit more info.

G'day mate, I've got a drop in nissan liner and wouldn't call it the best at all. I would prefer a spray on rhino liner or similar but can't justify the extra dollars. The drop in liner holds sand and dirt underneath, it moves around a bit and rubs paint off and helps to promote rust. When I get a chance I am gunna pull it out and use some rubber mat or something instead.

Welcome to the forum!

I have a plastic drop-in liner and think I should have gone for a spray-on liner. I'll be pulling mine out, repairing the rust and getting a spray-on one day myself.

Tub Liner

Many thanks to all who took the time and gave great advice on my query about tub liners. I think I will invest the extra bucks and have a rhino lining sprayed onto the tub

I've got the drop in one, and I agree with the above comments. I would not go there again. Spray on for sure.

My only concern with the spray on is that stuff like cement dust doesn't wash off easy. With my plastic one i just every now and then remove and get the acid out and clean it right up. Anyone that has spray on, have you been able to remove cement marks from it? high pressure water? Is it Acid safe, though i don't want to go near the car with acid in case it spills on the chrome bumper and etches it.

Have the drop in and agree with all of the above. My biggest problem was my drop in liner covered up the tie-down hooks in the corners. I took it out but then felt terrible when putting anything in there because I was worried about scratches.

In the end I put the tub liner back in and cut the corners out with a jigsaw. Looks ok, does the job, but allows dirt and stuff in more and will need more frequent cleaning underneath.

Get the Rhino Liner or similar and be done with it.

Guido

not if you have an underlip one (which is what you want with a Canopy) just undo a few screws and hooks.

You just remove the utilitracks, grab the back and bend the sides in towards the centre, then pull for all you're worth (and by "pull", I do not mean that you should grab a magazine and head for the bathroom).

Hi Sammy, welcome to the forum.

Spray-on liner all the way, check my ride in my sig.

Latest posts

Back