Tub to tray project!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommyhodgkin

Reaction score
Hi guys, in the process of converting my d22 str from tub to steel tray, just a few pics ect for those that are interested. bought the tray from a wrecker for 700, once finished i will be getting it blasted and painted to match car.

ute_rollbar_5.JPG

Making the mounts, had to cut old ones off tray as it was off a rodeo.

It looks the goods. Was it hard to sort out the brackets for the tray?
I'm going to be doing the same thing (on a 40 tho) and was tossing up doing it myself, or just paying someone to put it all on for me. What did you do with the tub? I'm thinking I might just turn it into a bike trailer or something.....? Maybe a built in BBQ/ fridge or esky/ stereo setup for gatherings....?

It looks the goods. Was it hard to sort out the brackets for the tray?
I'm going to be doing the same thing (on a 40 tho) and was tossing up doing it myself, or just paying someone to put it all on for me. What did you do with the tub? I'm thinking I might just turn it into a bike trailer or something.....? Maybe a built in BBQ/ fridge or esky/ stereo setup for gatherings....?

Yeah it's coming along slowly lol, Na the mounts were easy, i cut the old mounts off tray, And i have the 300 kg springs in the back so instead of small mounts I used 100x100 angle iron. Drilled the holes and bolted them down to chassis, cut a check out to get the tray at the height I wanted, then sat the tray on top and positioned it where it had to go. Then tacked the mounts to the tray. Unbolted and lifted off (with help from a couple mates). Once the tray is off, stand it up and fully weld the mounts in place, now if the stars all align the holes will still line up when ya bolt it back on ;-)

Yeah I will Probably try and sell the tub and tail lights and rear step. If anyone will buy it, lol.
However I see merit in the esky idea! Fill the panels with expanda foam....

Last edited:
Mate,I am keen to know the dimensions of the tray you fitted,It looks really good
cheers

Looks good mate, I probably should've looked at doing this instead of build one from scratch. Nice and neat.

Latest posts

Back