turbo adjustable w/gate

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vicszd

Reaction score
Howdy all, what's your thoughts on the zd30 f/front turbo with the adjustable waste gate- would you just use that to bring up the boost a little or should I put back in place the vacuum line one I had previously? Should or can you use both or not? cheers marry Christmas all

And before you think it's a stupid question :) it seemed to come on earlier with the original turbo with the vac line adjuster !
And I was thinking between the two I might be able to balance it out a bit and bring it on earlier ! The f/front one is at it's delivered setting and that's 16lb which is fine I think- I had the stock one on 18lb !

You can use both. The inline ones help reduce wastegate creep as they don't let boost through until the set pressure is reached, whereas even with an adjustable wastegate you are relying on the wastegate spring to hold it shut. It is a lot easier just to use the inline adjusters as then you can go back to the factory wastegate setting at any time, without trying to guess it...

Ahhhh brilliant ! And I'm guessing I would need to keep the piping as short as possible ? cheers Bods

Won't make a lot of difference to be honest. I have mine mounted on the abs bracket that sits next to the turbo, have it all the way closed, but still increased my yd25 to 18-19 psi, with about 20psi peak. That has a small t piece in the wastegate line and probably 15cm of hose to the actual controller that's mounted on that bracket.

ok great.. Thanks for that, it great to have you guy's here to bounce off -i'll keep you posted... marry Christmas

I had a manual boost controller on my factory turbo and still use it with the Forefront one, helps eliminate wastegate creep.

Latest posts

Back