Turbo noise i think

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luke91

Reaction score
Took off my air intake to give it a clean after goin through a puddle that was deeper then I thought. And after I cleaned it i left the hose off the turbo over night. Not sure if that has any thin to do with it. And after I put it back on there seems to be like a rattling noise when the revs get to 2500 and 3000. It stops when I take the power off. I'm not mechanically minded either.

There could be some damage to the turbocharger. Take the hose back off and give the turbo a spin. It should spin smoothly - it might not spin freely, because the oil should be cold - but there should be NO grittiness to the spin, and there should be next to no movement in the shaft from side to side.

I'd also check that the air filter medium is intact, not wet and holding its shape. Other than that, it could be a cooling fan blade with a nick in it - entering a water crossing applies pressure to the radiator and the fan blades, possibly causing damage in there too. There's a good reason why we keep telling people that you MUST have a wading bra on for water crossings!

Latest posts

Back