turbo timer installation?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d40todie4

Reaction score
hey guys, i have bought a turbo timer but im finding
it hard to identify the d40's wiring, is there a diagram
of the ignition system that anybody has or can make up?

thanks, tim.

Just use a multi meter to see what each wire does. Stick it in each connection and note what key positions there is power on each wire.

I put a ebay turbo timer in mine. I spliced in a connector to the wiring as it comes out of the steering column so I can disconnect the timer should it go bad.

Download (link available somewhere on the forum) or buy a copy of the manual, they are cheap on ebay, has all the wiring in it.

not exactly sure on the brand, ill take a look and let you guys know.

i bought a repair manual hopefully i can get a diagram out of it.

thanks, tim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_jay89 View Post
wat timer is it...

i got a boggard installed in mine so i could take a look
boggard sell one for d 40's thats a plug and play ,no wiring needed

that doesnt mean i cant figure the wires out

i bought the manual off ebay doesnt help much with the ignition switch but theres over 1600 pages so good luck to me finding it haha
thanks for your time guys, appreciate it.

If you have the factory manual the ignition switch is in the "Power SupplyGround and Circuit Elements" section (PG.pdf). It is spread over a few diagrams. In my copy it is from page PG-12 to PG-16 (top of each diagram, shows the circuit for 1 contact per diagram, e.g. start.)

Dave

As a related side note, Do the D40 owners see these and a useful investment??
Given the Australian summer?

Does anyone know of they can utilize the central locking when the key is removed but car still running???
I've heard you can't???

Also if so can you simply use the key in the door to lock the truck?

Back