turbo timer issue...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan_86

Reaction score
Got a bit of a problem with a turbo timer for my d22. I bought the timer a while ago 2nd hand, looked to be near New and was told it worked fine. Finally got around to installing it yesterday, plugged it in to the loom and earthed the black wire. Now when I turn the car on, the timer turns on and can set the delay etc. But when I turn the car off, the timer just shuts down straight away with the car... I do have an immobileser, but its all wired in key side if the plug, so shouldn't effect the timer unit. Got me stumped, any ideas?

Don't think so, just the plug in for the loom and a separate black earth.

I have the same one - check you have a clean earth connection. Also the vehicle has to run form more than 30sec for the timer to work so if you are just quickly starting it up and then shutting the engine down it won't operate. You could also try wiring it to the handbrake switch....

good luck

Make sure the engine runs for more than 30 sec before switching it off.

Got it, thanks guys. Didn't realise engine had to run for certain amount of time. Makes sense really, can't belieive I didn't think of that!

Thanks again

Brand new they have a bright yellow note in the box that states the 30 second run time before the timer will time out, Its a thing that would catch people out. I put mine in the nav last week, best thing i,ve done its great turn off and walk away.

Latest posts

Back