Tyres for D22 DX 2wd - stock rims

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterb666

Reaction score
My partner has a Nissan Navara D22 DX tradie (2wd) and it is running some cheap tyres that are terrible in the wet so looking to replace these with something that is good handling and braking in the wet.

The truck is mostly used to move stuff between my Sydney home and the far South Coast. It is rarely heavily loaded so most driving in on country highways and B roads.

The truck runs stock 14" rims and has 195R14 tyres with a 106 load rating. Not changing the rims. Possible options are the Bridgestone R623 and Dunlop SP 175E, the latter being a silica compound tyre.

Any other suggestions and comments from personal experiences?

P.S. Sorry if there is a thread for stock tyres on the DX 2wd but I could only find ones relating to putting larger wheels on the thing.

hey mate, there are plenty of options available depending on what you are wanting to spend. i have a tyre contact located in brookvale if you are in that area that will be happy to help.

given the prob with truck/commercial tyres they are harder rubber which is what causes the issues in the wet so get something a touch softer will assist in wet grip and given you use mostly road driving this would be a huge plus

Thanks navaranewb.

Brookvale is the wrong end of Sydney to be useful. Price isn't an issue. It is pointless saving $100 or $200 on a set of tyres for the sake of safety. The reason I have asked is that most tyre places don't stock a wide range of tyres and you are generally limited to the brands they have in stock. If I know what to buy, I can then find a place tht has them in stock or have them ordered in (which I have done in the past).

I realise there are differences between truck/commercial tyres and others. The current tyres that came with the second-hand truck were brand new, I would not put on a box trailer.

in that instance id prob stay away from the dunlop as ive had a range of them and dont really like them but thats just my opinion. certainly not worth the coin

if it were me id go a kumho or toyo. Big difference in price between those 2 tho depending on the grade u choose. Prob the Toyo H03 or H08

My partner has a Nissan Navara D22 DX tradie (2wd) and it is running some cheap tyres that are terrible in the wet so looking to replace these with something that is good handling and braking in the wet.

The truck is mostly used to move stuff between my Sydney home and the far South Coast. It is rarely heavily loaded so most driving in on country highways and B roads.

The truck runs stock 14" rims and has 195R14 tyres with a 106 load rating. Not changing the rims. Possible options are the Bridgestone R623 and Dunlop SP 175E, the latter being a silica compound tyre.

Any other suggestions and comments from personal experiences?

P.S. Sorry if there is a thread for stock tyres on the DX 2wd but I could only find ones relating to putting larger wheels on the thing.

Hi when I bought my D22 Dxi also had 14'' wheels ,I drove it back from Brisbane to Sydney the spedo was 10Km out at 110 so I up graded the wheels to !5'' which the latest ones have the spedo is now with in 3kmh and the fuel economy has also improved , There are plenty of 15"" wheels and tyres on Ebay which can be bought for just the cost of the tyres alone I'm running Brigstones and find them pretty good in the wet .

Thanks Amber.2

Went to get some Bridgestone R623 tyres fitted but the place only had 185s in stock. Went next door and wound up with Kumho 857 tyres fitted. They were a little more expensive (I think mainly because the seller was more expensive to start with).

What a huge difference particularly in road noise and ride comfort. The steering is lighter too. Physically a much rounder tyre and very deep tread that looks as though it should be very efficient at shedding excess water.

Had a little drizzle on the drive back today and that had absolutely no impact at all.

Personally, I would have liked to have 15" wheels but it is my partners truck.

Hi when I bought my D22 Dxi also had 14'' wheels ,I drove it back from Brisbane to Sydney the spedo was 10Km out at 110 so I up graded the wheels to !5'' which the latest ones have the spedo is now with in 3kmh and the fuel economy has also improved , There are plenty of 15"" wheels and tyres on Ebay which can be bought for just the cost of the tyres alone I'm running Brigstones and find them pretty good in the wet .

Hi.. I also got a d22 2wd dual cab currently on 195R14.. I plan to switch to 15x7 pathfinder wheels.. I was wondering if 235/75r15 would fit? what size did you put?

Latest posts

Back