UCA's ARE IN

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calcal

Reaction score
hey guys,
just fitted snake racing upper control arms today. very impressed, got an extra 35mm lift at the front.

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

Your hitting the bump stop, you have very little to all most no suspension travel, You need to lower it, its fffnn dangerous to leave like that.

Last edited:
that photo is taken up on the hoist, on the ground its no were near the bump stops

can you get me a measurement of the bump-to-bump stop clearance? between the lower and upper control arms?

i've got an idea of how to keep mine road legal after i put my UCA's in.

hi, you say an extra 35mm of lift, compared to what? standard without winding up the torsion bars? 35mm more with H/duty torsion bars?

hope you understand what i mean

hi, you say an extra 35mm of lift, compared to what? standard without winding up the torsion bars? 35mm more with H/duty torsion bars?

hope you understand what i mean

The torsion bars were wound up an extra 2" and then by installing UCAs it raised another 35mm

ah kay, i've got my kit in front of me and i can confirm this, sorry for the muck up. were the new ball joints easy to move when you first got the kit? i cant seem to move mine by hand

ah kay, i've got my kit in front of me and i can confirm this, sorry for the muck up. were the new ball joints easy to move when you first got the kit? i cant seem to move mine by hand

I got mine installed at a shop. So I'm not sure, sorry mate

ah kay. i'm looking to install mine this weekend hopefully. as soon as my body lift is inspected and signed off, i'll be on it! my stock UCA bushes are completely shagged.

can you get me a measurement of the bump-to-bump stop clearance? between the lower and upper control arms?

i've got an idea of how to keep mine road legal after i put my UCA's in.

I know there's something illegal about the aftermarket UCA's but I'm not sure what it is? I couldn't move the ball joints on mine when i got them but they're in now and they work alright.

Have you tried to use a grease gun on the bushes yet? The nozzle on mine wouldn't fit through the hole above the grease Nipples on the chassis... Great design.

Yeah mate, I slapped some grease on them before assembly, then put a grease gun on them once they were in, you might have to jack the car up so the wheel droops and the nipples rotate out and you can get to them.

They aren't strictly legal because they don't maintain factory specifications and tolerances for the vehicle. (cv angles, wheel clearances bump stop clearance, etc)

In the first photo it only looks like toy have 1 bolt holding your ball joint in. I hope this isn't the case. Ball joints are tight when they are new. Jack the wheel off the ground to get some clearence to pump greese into the nipples.

Back