UCA's hitting shocks after lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grubbyd22

Reaction score
Since I've lifted (2inch susspension) I've noticed upper control arms have been hitting shocks
Just sitting on flat ground they arnt hitting but I can see witness marks/ small dents on the shocks
Can this be fixed with a grinder or do I need to look at snake racing ones?
Will it wreck my shocks if I leave it?

Either take the shock out and touch the arm up with a grinder or replace the arms with calmini etc. Either way works. Goodluck

What spring rate did you put in the front and what accessories do you have fitted, i.e. bullbar, winch, bash plates? Might be that the springs are too hard for your needs or might need to settle in a bit.

When my lift was first installed it was up about 60 mm but has since settled to about 40 mm with an xrox bar and bash plates fitted :) I got the "performance" spring rate with the Ironman kit which I think are 50-100 kg springs. What brand have you fitted and how much lift did you actually achieve?

just be careful if grinding away parts of the control arm, large chunks cut away create stress concentrations and can cause the area to crack or shear from stress in the control arms.

A few mm won't hurt it but if you go and cut half the control arm away well then its not going to be that strong anymore.

What spring rate did you put in the front and what accessories do you have fitted, i.e. bullbar, winch, bash plates? Might be that the springs are too hard for your needs or might need to settle in a bit.

When my lift was first installed it was up about 60 mm but has since settled to about 40 mm with an xrox bar and bash plates fitted :) I got the "performance" spring rate with the Ironman kit which I think are 50-100 kg springs. What brand have you fitted and how much lift did you actually achieve?

Not sure on spring rate etc. got the kit from zordos, he said I may need to grind the uca. I got dobinsons everything but I believe their torsion bars are rebadged ironman ones

I got about 55mm out of it I think. I only have a alloy bar atm but steel and winch are coming soon

just be careful if grinding away parts of the control arm, large chunks cut away create stress concentrations and can cause the area to crack or shear from stress in the control arms.

A few mm won't hurt it but if you go and cut half the control arm away well then its not going to be that strong anymore.

Looks like ill be pulling the grinder out. Ill try not to get too carried away

Not sure on spring rate etc. got the kit from zordos, he said I may need to grind the uca. I got dobinsons everything but I believe their torsion bars are rebadged ironman ones

I got about 55mm out of it I think. I only have a alloy bar atm but steel and winch are coming soon

The other bloke has a d40,

Latest posts

Back