Uhf aerial

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will wobble a bit more then the one they recommend for diesel and bullbar mounting (fibreglass) but the fibreglass have a bad tendency to crack if bent over offroad. The CD900 whip does wobble but not as bad as others i've seen and since it has that thick lower polyurathane section i can't see it breaking off. They are very popular on the exploreoz forum and some of those guys do many miles on rough outback roads. i wouldn't worry about that warning on the web page.

Re: Uhf arial

I guess there isn't a single solution for everyone. When I bought mine I had to consider using it in the flinders ranges and in sand dunes, where the high db ones would be no good for me. That's why I ended up with a 4.5db, so I had a good chance of reasonable range and reasonable hill type coverage. I use mine for convoys & in traffic so maximum distance isnt My goal. Let's face it, if you want to go remote and have full coverage you'd get a satellite phone.

mitch92 said:
So just to make sure i understand, the whip for the rfi fits onto the elevated feed for the GME? or am i missing something?

Mitch

It will screw straight on. No problems at all Mitch.

Cheers will.
Hey Mitch, I'm just looking for a new whip, but the rfi comes as a whole package with the base part for $79. So if you don't have a gme you buy the whole setup.
Does that make sense?

Already have a GME with the elevated feed, just a bit confused. The whip off the RFI will screw onto and work on the elevated feed off the GME? just swap the whip for whip?

Mitch

That's what willy and prestige say, and goddam it I believe them. Just tryin to find a whip locally at the moment, if not I'll get 1 posted.

Here's your proof guys!

Attachments

• image-773425918.jpg
    image-773425918.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 59
  • image-3199003914.jpg
    image-3199003914.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 58
Its not wise to use whips from elswhere and put them on another brand elevated feed tube to which it wasnt designed for, even though it may fit,
and especially if they are longer than the original
but,
if your going to, get your rig SWR tested to avoid shity performance and worse a blown rig.

have alook here
http://www.mobileone.com.au/antennas/uhfcb/information.html

:cheers!:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back