UHF experts.....Look here

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:idea::idea:

Maybe check out what a channel licence is worth and get one for the VNOG group for its own and private use.
Problem solved.

Dont get me wrong...I'm just asking the questions that others are thinking.
Your input is valuable to those that search for the same answers.

Dont get me wrong...I'm just asking the questions that others are thinking.
Your input is valuable to those that search for the same answers.

all cool, no dramas here.

In a nutshell, the more output power you use "illegally" the more trouble you invite upon yourself.....akin to "the squeeky wheel gets the most attention" if you know what I mean.

Use an "illegally" procured channel with only a few watts output and between a few poeple, youv'e probably a lot less chance to draw attention to youreselves.

:cheers!:

going to be the rebel here...

i run an icom 400 pro... at first i bought the programming cable off ebay and downloaded the software online... bumped the power to 25W and changed some of the settings (names n that) and worked a treat!

got together with my mate who does a lot of truck driving/home radio stuff and has 'special' software and bumped it up to 45W (pretty much the max you want to go).

if you sit on the radio all day transmitting then yes it gets pretty damn hot! but then again you shouldnt be blabbing crap for hours on end haha.

with the 45w and his 45w, i can easily talk to him from about 30km away (my house to his house) and we have a shit load of hills and terrain in the way.

out travelling with mates in convoy or so, they always compliment on how CLEAR i am over the radio and how well they can hear me.

the main thing is that i'm not like the assholes on some channels that use the 25w or more and just constantly talk over people and shit talk or spam music, rah rah rah, just assholes in general.

One way to go would be a hotted up Icom for when you need the reach. (i.e. breakdown and the group is a fair way ahead) and a normal 5w for gas-bagging on

Sounds good as long as they don't get nabbed in Customs, but is there any way for the Authoro-Tize to know you have a higher wattage UHF?

I'm still a UHF baby,

Sounds good as long as they don't get nabbed in Customs, but is there any way for the Authoro-Tize to know you have a higher wattage UHF?

I'm still a UHF baby,

No, dont worry about getting one sent over...no probs..

"Their" concern is only when you use it.

They would have to triangulate your signal to find you. Not easy when your bashing through the bush and I can say I've ever meet any RF police in my years of offroading.........

Another option is, and I have seen them lately for sale in the US for about $240 is brand new 27Mhz 40 Ch AM/SSB units built now with modern technology.

Personally for a group buy/use I think these units would be a good choice.

Leprechaun;88186Not easy when your bashing through the bush and I can say I've ever meet any RF police in my years of offroading.........[/QUOTE said:
Thats true.

Now though keep this in mind if you plan to use a high output radio using the VHF band "unlicenced" in the bush/ Vic high country for example.
Many of the mountain tops and hills around Vic have Communications shelters on them.
These sites usually have some mobile phone network assets, TV and FM radio on them and for our purpose here they have emg services repeater setups,
ie: CFA, SES, Ambo's, some other assorted riff raff and VIC POL, which use the VHF band.
Interfere with their comms by using high output radios for long enough and they may get a bit uptight.

But anyway, thats just some info to take in.

Another option is, and I have seen them lately for sale in the US for about $240 is brand new 27Mhz 40 Ch AM/SSB units built now with modern technology.

Personally for a group buy/use I think these units would be a good choice.

Too crackley,i have a ranger rci 2950 that would be perfect.27mhz sucks.

Too crackley,i have a ranger rci 2950 that would be perfect.27mhz sucks.

Have you tried a newly made 27 meg unit though,
yes my old 80's 27 meg cb is crackly too.

27 meg though has some great range compared to 470meg.

Latest posts

Back