UHF Install D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YBOD

Reaction score
thought I'd share a few photos of where and how I have installed my UHF within the center console of my D40. The UHF is a Oricom UHF180 with a remote head unit. I think the photos are pretty self explanatory:

I mounted the head unit on the side of the cup holders. I chose here because it is easily viewed from the drivers seat but descrete and not too visible from outside the truck so doesn't pose too much temptation to easily tempted pikeys.

20130203_144356.jpg

I also liked this location because, as you will see from the alter pictures, all the holes I am making in the plastic are all constrained to on piece of plastic so easily replaced if i remove the UHF and want to tidy up. I mounted the main until on the underside of the cup holder. This results in two small holes in the bottom of the cup-holder but these aren't visible so all good:

20130203_143729.jpg

20130203_143748.jpg

I then took power from the cigarette lighter socket inside the arm rest/storage box by removing the back panel and tapping in to the wires there:

20130203_135336.jpg

Thats a handy place to position the unit, I have been thinking where to mount mine when I get one. Is there enough room to mount the microphone on the side of the console next to the handbrake lever?

Thats a handy place to position the unit, I have been thinking where to mount mine when I get one. Is there enough room to mount the microphone on the side of the console next to the handbrake lever?

Probably would be but fiddly to grab, I just keep mine in the little cubby thing by the handbrake - see first picture

I went with the center console up front .Cant be seen from outside the cab. On Glass antenna looks like a mobile phone antenna so doesnt look like I have a radio at all

20121110_130548.jpg

Didnt think of either of those other 2 positions

This is where I mounted mine I don't have a sub woofer so i used the spare hole to run the cable through.
UHF2.jpg

Hiding behind the rear seat is the main unit impossible too see almost impossible to get too. As I have 3 young boys and there car seat put a stop to getting behind the back seats
UHF.jpg

thought I'd share a few photos of where and how I have installed my UHF within the center console of my D40. The UHF is a Oricom UHF180 with a remote head unit. I think the photos are pretty self explanatory:

I mounted the head unit on the side of the cup holders. I chose here because it is easily viewed from the drivers seat but descrete and not too visible from outside the truck so doesn't pose too much temptation to easily tempted pikeys.

20130203_144356.jpg

I also liked this location because, as you will see from the alter pictures, all the holes I am making in the plastic are all constrained to on piece of plastic so easily replaced if i remove the UHF and want to tidy up. I mounted the main until on the underside of the cup holder. This results in two small holes in the bottom of the cup-holder but these aren't visible so all good:

20130203_143729.jpg

20130203_143748.jpg

I then took power from the cigarette lighter socket inside the arm rest/storage box by removing the back panel and tapping in to the wires there:

20130203_135336.jpg

Good idea made this is where i will be mounting mine when i get it.
Cheers
Yotzaa

If you are powering the UHF from the plug in the console you will only have power to the radio when the ignition is on correct? I believe the socket near the steering column is the only one with permanent power in my D40.

If you are powering the UHF from the plug in the console you will only have power to the radio when the ignition is on correct? I believe the socket near the steering column is the only one with permanent power in my D40.

You are quite correct but then I intentionally wanted it to only be on with the ignition, radio can't be left on to drain the battery over night that way

Back