uhf installation

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the GME TX3340 installed. Was installed by dealership before I took ownership.

It is hidden under oddments tray below centre console (tray in front of gear stick).
Antennae is routed through passenger side grommet and was cut to suit a wing mounting
on z bracket (no bullbar when I bought).
Not sure where power wired into but it has always on power available.

Issues :
Too quiet to hear properly unless UHF at full volume and radio fairly low.
After bullbar fitted thought I would move antennae and do away with z bracket (but no!
cable cut to suit so too short to move it).#

Tried with UHF sitting in oddment tray but bracket was not supplied (thanks dealership!).
Have settled on fitting an extra speaker in the oddment tray (screwed down with proper bracket) and put
UHF back under tray. Mic cable comes out under passenger side of facia
and clips above cigarette lighter socket.

All nice and neat.

I still need to get some extra RG58 cable and splice in an extension so I can move antennae to bullbar.

Murph

I took power off the electronic brake unit.

I also shortened the cable and have it wrapped into a circle by the bullbar. My cable is threaded through the bullbar so If I am going to remove the bullbar it has enough cable to pull it away from the car and place it down. If I need to move the bullbar onto the workbench I will trim the cable to the right size and add a joiner. A mate has this and hardly affects transmission distance. He has to aerials and a joiner in each so he can swap between the two depending on his location and use.

Well i found out the the stock wiring that gme provides is too short to run from the battery, through the engine bay and then through the passenger side ...

About 2 minutes before I discovered the previous owner had left GME compatible wiring and adapter under the dash I was about to connect to the back of the cigarette lighter. More than enough power in that (providing your not running heavy duty items out of it such as a fridge etc) and you get the advantage of having it running through your accessories so there's no worries about leaving the radio on and flattening your battery my mistake. And where I'm putting the radio would have only needed a few inches of wire.

Back