Uncomfortable leather seats in STX-550?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPDF

Reaction score
Has anyone found the leather seats in the top of the line STX-550 uncomfortable, or is it only my tender back struggling to get comfortable?

I have had a plethora of cars in the past and never an issue till now. Last car was a Territory Titanium - great leather seats, prior to that a Skoda and VW Golfs before that. Never an issue.

Be keen to know if anyone else has had issues and if so, what can be done to improve/remedy the back comfort. Obviously this problem is mainly noticed on longer drives rather than just going to the shop.

Cheers,
Sean

Pffft - 1st world problems (try the d22 seats and see if the 550 is all that bad)

Okay, I will take that as the D40 seats are much better. I think though, the leather seats in the STX-550 seem to be different to the ones in the standard D40 range. They are quite hard, so wondering if that may be part of the issue.

Would love to hear from other owners of this particular model for feedback.

With seats it is a personal - i own 550 with premium pack ( including leather seats) and find them very comfortable on long drives . Funny that you mention golf as my wife had a VW Eos (same seats as Golf) and i found them to be most uncomforable seats out of all cars i ve driven.
Lot of factors come into play such as your body shape and fitness , cushioning ,range of adjustment ,lumbar support ,cars vibration absorbtion properties etc.
Seat comfort is very important if you do long drives like i do and i have walked away from otherwise good cars based on their seat (dis)comfort . For example current Pajero has horrific seats (for me) but some find them great .
Sometimes what seems comfortable in short term ( soft, cushy seats) is not the best choice on long drives. Do you feel discomfort after long drives or it is just the feeling of expecting cushier seat in general ?

Last edited:
Personal about sums it up. No two people ever sit the same way, no two people have the same comfort needs and even two people with a back injury have different comfort requirements. There has been quite a few complaints over the years about uncomfortable D40 seats, well before leather was an option, but for each complaint there was atleast one person saying they were comfortable.

All you can really do is find one that suits you because chances are it wont suit anyone else. The other side of the coin is no matter what you choose there will be a time that you will be uncomfortable and at that time you'll wish you never changed the original seat.

I and my smaller missus find my 550's leather seats very comfy, in fact she always seems to be commenting on how good she finds them. I find them ok, but not spectacular..... certainly better than my previous vehicle though.

As others have said, seat comfort is a very personal thing.....

is it the fact the seat is crap in general or the seat is good and the leather is making it bad?

You should try the ones in the St then you will relise shit, im on my second drivers seat, i give any thing to have your seats!

I also have a 550 and on any drive over a couple of hours i find that my butt is getting sore and i havent had that on any of the other cars i have had and they have all had leather seats.
But it also could be as you get older your butt gets bigger.Funny about that.

Maybe they will soften over time as the leather gets a bit more use. I know even with my standard seats in the ST they are much better now with almost 40k on the clock then when they were new.

Hi all this is my 1st crack at posting a comment

Picked up my stx 550 a few weeks ago what a great truck. I think the seats might be a little on the stiff side to remind us that it is a 4x4! Spend some time playing with the seat adjustments there's a million options to pick from

Took mine for a run to Sydney (bout 3 hrs) on the weekend could have kept going to Brisbane and beyond! Love it

Last edited:
I've had my 550 for 6 months they do get better. But in saying that the seat heating stiffens it up a little over stock. Loving the heating in the morning right now. Also if your backs getting sore use the heater. Question are you running any suspension upgrades? I just installed tough dog shocks in the front and rear and what a difference. Having the right shocks and springs makes a massive difference in comfort. Cheers I,m out for now

Latest posts

Back