Under body cleaning/ rust proofing chassi

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maldog8

Reaction score
Hey guys just brought a 2006 single cab d22 has some red dust stains on the under body I'm trying to find some type of wash to remove the red dust staining I've tryed ct18 had no luck went and used the degreaser at the car wash and high pressure cleaner no luck any idea what will get the staining off once most of the staining is off I want to rust proof the chassi and put some protective coat on the chassi as I plan on doing alot of 4x4ing cheers any input would be great

Don't they say that the red desert dust (dirt) is the best rust proofing you can get as it doesn't take on moisture.

The best rust proofing you can do is getting underneath your car with a hose and washing it after an outing (especially after going anywhere near the beach!).

I also grab a can of inox and just run over all nuts and bolts and around suspension components etc. I have heard applying fish oil is good at protecting too.

There are under body treatments you can get applied to your car, but its still imperative you wash the car too.

Use a high strength degreaser to try shift the stuff on your chassis now.if it doesn't budge go straight over it. I use tektol in all the chassis rails and hard to reach places then Austek body deadner on all the flat stuff like outside of chassis rails and the underside of body

Back