Uni Trax 1000 D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lachib

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Brand new first up and just got a D22 ST-R 2012. I ride mountain bikes and dirt bikes heaps with the occasional motard and street bike. I am looking at tie down points as the stock ones don't seem like they would secure a bike all that well as there is nothing on the floor.

So I was looking at something like the D40 has in its tray. Was wondering if you could possibly transfer that tray set up in the D40 to the D22. Or alternatively I was looking at the Uni Trax 1000. My thoughts then move to how would you appropriately secure the rails in the tray? Without compromising the structural integrity and not pulling the tray off.

This is what I was looking at: http://www.dvaaccessories.com.au/lockinloadattachments.html

Any help is much appreciated. Cheers guys.

Welcome to the forum, I think you could retro fit the side and head board rails from a D40 but the floor system may be a little harder or more to the point be a pain in the but when not in use, the D40 has those recessed into the floor so when not in use they are tucked flat on the floor and are no hassle.

If it were me (i too are into bikes moto and MTB) i would fit the system you have added a link for.
If you do need to get extra strength for mounting then if you fixed through the tray and then through a length of steel to spread the load then they will be fine especially as you will only have around 200kg in total or around 100kg on each bar at anyone time. That system will also allow you to secure the rear and i also think it will end up being cheaper then the D40 set up.

Hey mate,

Cheers, so if you were to use the length of steel for reinforcement would you place it directly under the rail or have two and run them horizontally. Also is there a nut or something you could countersink into the tray to secure it. Just trying to think of ways to secure it if you can't get a nut onto the other side of the bolt.

Cheers mate.

If you drop the spare wheel down and out of your way I think you would get your hands to most spots on the bottom of your tub and be able to get bolt those tracks on, and if you are going to add a steel brace I would run it across the ribs in the tub if you were putting 2 tracks in

Ah awesome-sweet thanks mate. When I get the gear and attach Ill take photos of doing it and throw them up here for other people if they wanna look. Cheers.

Hey mate,

Also is there a nut or something you could countersink into the tray to secure it. Just trying to think of ways to secure it if you can't get a nut onto the other side of the bolt.

Cheers mate.

They make a rivnut or nutsert, you pop rivet into the steel and it has a thread in it, but I don't know if I,d trust that to holding a motor bike tied to it, push bikes yes
http://www.boltproducts.com/blind-rivet-nuts-c-110-l-en.html

Ok awesome, well yeah if I can attach a nut to a bolt by removing the tyre i'd much rather do that. Thanks for the help. Answered all my questions cheers.

Yep totally agree with Dave, he's all over it. The only thing i would say is that the brace doesnt need to go right the way across the tray i one full length, rather a piece of say 70mm x 6mm flat bar say around 200mm in length for each bolt, i know it would be over kill but you would never need to worry about the bolts tearing through the tub.

Back