Unofficial AFL Thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
75,000 members... U watch the AFL turn into the premier league. The rich teams will get richer and the poor teams will keep missing out as won't be able to attract the guns.
Does Collingwood have more members now because their fans are loyal and stick together? Don't think so, it's because they are well marketed and are creating a good brand, just like Man Utd. It's not just the Pies though, but they seem to be leading the way. Go Eddie.

marcus,you know that footy is a business..teams like North etc that struggle for money because they cant the supporters to sign up dont get any sympathy from me....if any side cant survive on their own then i dont have a problem with them folding and merging..
if the supporters cant be bothered with the club surviving then why should i give a toss about them...

I don't know Marcus. I think you are born into a collingwood family, or not... marketing doesn't have anything to do with it I've been there for the wooden spoons, the lost Grandfinals and the like. My kids barrack for the pies because I do, and I take them to games. There is no doubt Eddies leadership and marketing nouse has brought plenty of sponsorship $$$$. But to me the main thing that brings marketing $$$ is all fo the collingwood haters. They are the reason the pies make front and back page of the papers so often, and why sponsors are lined up to get a logo on the jumper. I dont follow the calls of arrogance, we are passionate sure. But most of us have seen too many Grandfinal losses to get arrogant.
As far as attracting the guns goes, having Visy as a sponsor can help...

Heata,thats true,you HAVE to be born to follow collingwood...you dont just decide one day you want to follow them..thats not a true pie supporter.
i have 3 daughters and 1 son,all grown up and they thanked me last year for bringing them up to be pies supporters.. it wasnt forced on to them they just picked it up from me and they will never change teams...its in the blood...you either have it or you dont and i wouldnt have it any other way..

How's that saying go........you can choose your friends, but not your family!!! Born to be a Collingwood supporter............ poor bastards! (Settle down Joe -just stirring up).

Heata - I will continue to work on the young fella - I had him cheering for BUDDY last time I saw him!

I actually admire the Collingwood empire - most other teams have some envy of their numbers. When you build on your strengths success follows.

GO HAWKS.

Yeah, maybe I'm a bit wrong there, maybe it's that there marketing is aimed at sponsors more than fans, but surely it's gotta help.
Collingwood will smash everyone in the finals, and they will deserve it, coz they are playing great footy.
Hawks and Cats will put up a fight though.
Anyway, I'm off to ring Jimmy Hird to give him my thoughts for the upcoming Carlton clash....

Any football club is one decision away from financial ruin, even Collingwood, sure most things right now are coming up rosy for Collingwood but things have been grim in the past for them just like they have for any other team. The last thing the game or the country needs is for them to turn into something like the Premier League but it is headed that way purely because the fat prick at the top only sees dollar signs and cares so little about the game itself.

No team is immune from that sort of attitude and behaviour no matter how strong their fan base is and with players threatening strike action, costs constantly rising and it becoming increasingly harder for 'average' families to afford a weekend at the footy the threat of the AFL becoming too big for their fans is entirely likely.

The only thing more annoying than arrogant supporters is arrogant players, managers and staff who forget the game is not all about them. Grass roots footy where all the leading players come from will always be more about the game and therefore more interesting than the big boys could hope to be, it's just a pity the AFL still has it's clutches on the grass roots as well.

There's no doubt the footy is an expensive day, but no more than the zoo, the aquarium, the show, the movies, or just about anything else...

No wonder I take the boys camping so much!

But back on topic who do people like for friday night? and anybody else going?

Heata,thats true,you HAVE to be born to follow collingwood...you dont just decide one day you want to follow them..thats not a true pie supporter.
i have 3 daughters and 1 son,all grown up and they thanked me last year for bringing them up to be pies supporters.. it wasnt forced on to them they just picked it up from me and they will never change teams...its in the blood...you either have it or you dont and i wouldnt have it any other way..

3 daughters nd one son and only one tooth between them lol definitly true pies supporters haha ( just jokes keep your pants on haha)

well lets see everyone jump over Essendon for their betting scandal.....one of their SENIOR coaches places a few hundred dollars on a game after the Shaw saga,so this numbnut has to be sacked...the penalty has to greater then Shaws as it was a bigger bet and the guy is actually involved in selecting the team...
hes gota go,SACK HIM

a dead rubber,even the coach didnt give a stuff..im more concerned about injuries then winning tonight....theres 5 top liners coming back in the side next week so look out westcoast....
the real stuff begins next week...
hawks will beat geelong anyway..

excuses my ass d22dave.....there are bigger fish to fry in 3-4 weeks time then to try last night.....
no one can beat us when we want to play seriously....NO ONE ....and you know it and everyone else knows it,you just accept the fact were going to win the flag...

As much as last nights game meant nothing. I still wouldn't be happy losing by that margin, and Collingwood can beat anyone... except Geelong twice this year.
Agree about the bombers betting scandal, if he had a punt, I'd get rid of him.
You just can't do that, everyone knows that.

Latest posts

Back