Upgrade information needed.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Esotericnomad

Reaction score
So after my overheat the other day, I'm going to put new head on, new water pump, new radiator, replace all piping ECT,. What else should I be looking at doing while engine is pulled apart, injectors maybe? Will be doing most of the work myself over a few weeks.. I want to do this once and not miss anything..

Is it worth upgrading to a different radiator, like a 3 core or is the standard one fine..

Haven't worked on diesels before, done petrol head gaskets a couple of times, so any information would be appreciated..

standard radiator is fine. zd30 are not known for overheating issues.
check the fan. can't remember if they come with the new water pump.

get a copy of the manual. you basically strip every little thing off the engine to change the head. theres a few things to look out for.

you will need a few special tools. head bolts are torque to yield. need vacuum pump to test the injector return lines.
the crank nut is huge. get the timing chains all lined up before you take it off.
expect the usual stuck corroded bolts.
injectors are probably worth replacing on a high km vehicle.

The viscous fan clutch is sold with the water pump, they're one unit. Then just swap the fan itself.

get a copy of the manual. you basically strip every little thing off the engine to change the head. theres a few things to look out for.

you will need a few special tools. head bolts are torque to yield. need vacuum pump to test the injector return lines.
the crank nut is huge. get the timing chains all lined up before you take it off.
expect the usual stuck corroded bolts.
injectors are probably worth replacing on a high km vehicle.
Awesome, thanks for that..

Back