Upto 2" lift: What does what?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justAL

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I'm just in the middle of picking a lift kit and was wondering what component makes up the lift in the front on a D22?

Is it the winding up of the torsion bar or the shock?

I've noticed in the 3" and up kits you start changing suspension arms for more clearance of the bump-stops but this isn't the case in the 2" and shorter lift kits.

The reason I ask is after a little research my shocks are actually specced to be used with a lift kit up to 3" so I'm wondering if I need to go all out when purchasing my components.

only thing needed for 2" lift is change/mod the rear leaf springs. front torsions just get wound up. however if you have heavy bull bar and winch you will need to change torsion bars.
3" you need to change the arms.

i havn't had a look at the CV angles with the 3" lift but its got to be getting fairly tight.

One of the reasons I want to not go higher than I have to.
Thanks for the heads up, tweak'e!

And you're pumping out that torque too so it's something to keep in mind considering the level of modification on your beast Scotty. :)

I'm trying to do my mods and saving the most I can with each mod whilst not detracting from the performance of the modded system and doing the work myself. Whilst I do have a technical mind I don't have a world of experience which is where "y'all" come in.

Thanks for the input Scotty.

AL you're welcome to have a spin in mine anytime if you want to feel what difference a lift makes (I may ask for photo advice in return some time though :)

2 inch lift by changing for heavier t/bars or winding originals up keeps c/v angles about were you need them as long as you leave correct clearance on bumpstops. 3 inch kits have new front upper control arms which my understanding is allow for the extra lift and articulation before hitting bumpstops. no idea what it does to your c/v angles

kits can be a better price than purchasing individual components, but if you dont need them (shocks) dont buy them,

AL you're welcome to have a spin in mine anytime if you want to feel what difference a lift makes (I may ask for photo advice in return some time though :)

Hey Geoff,

We may have to do Wombat or head to the Up and Down Track near Glen Lyons one day. I'll try and hassle Andy and Bruce but first thing's first, I've got to finish moving soon!

Back